Onyko TX-NR809, Yamaha RX-A2000, or Denon AVR-3312CI? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-03-2011, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm trying to decide between the Onkyo TX-NR809, Yamaha RX-A2000, or Denon AVR-3312CI - any key recommendations? So far from what I've read the key pros and cons that potentially matter to me, among potentially others, are:

1) Onkyo TX-NR809 (can probably get for $750 all-in)
Pros: Cheapest, Dolby Volume, 4K video upscaling, very good reviews online (e.g. Amazon)
Cons: Largest (height and weight) - only have 10" high space, HD radio only via add-on, through mode (and direct mode on occasion) may darken picture; reliability issues, though perhaps mainly with last year's model;

2) Yamaha RX-A2000 ($1000 all-in)
Pros: Satellite Radio-ready, may be more reliable?
Cons: Not as many Internet options, more proprietary sound correction?, need dock for Ipod

3) Denon AVR-3312CI ($1200 all-in)
Pros: Comes very recommended from stores, can get locally, smallest (height and weight), AirPlay
Cons: Most expensive; No Satellite radio expandability; Audyssey Dynamic Volume may cause drop-outs with U-Verse (which I have); reliability issues, though mainly with last year's model; Not rated for 4ohm speakers (I'm considering either Martin Logan Motion 8/4s (4 ohms) or Def Tech PC 2000/1000s)

I'm planning on using them mostly for TV/Movies and not as much for music and I value the video processing as well as the audio.

Any recommendations or key things to consider?
Many thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-26-2013, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by afischer View Post

I'm trying to decide between the Onkyo TX-NR809, Yamaha RX-A2000, or Denon AVR-3312CI - any key recommendations? So far from what I've read the key pros and cons that potentially matter to me, among potentially others, are:

Many thanks in advance!

What decision did you make, and were you happy with it? I am on ebay looking at similar receivers with the same questions. HDRadio is important to me, satellite radio is not. I was just about firm in my decision to go with Yamaha, but I've lately been thinking again about Denon. I'd love Dolby Volume, but I actually won't touch Onkyo as I have one I hate in another room. I'm not sure if Denon has a solution for that. I can see that the Yamaha has something that would work for movies, but not commercials, etc.

Thanks,
Bob
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr809 , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver , Yamaha Rx A2000 7 1 Channel Audio Video Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page