receiver to TV-HDMI signal issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-10-2011, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought a new setup and am having trouble with the video signal (audio works fine) (after system is turned off for awhile, video signal will flash in and out (more out than in, until I can get the system reset and reinstall everything and then it works sometimes, once it's working it seems to work as long as I don't turn it off) from my denon avr3312ci to my TV. when the receiver is bypassed and I hook up PS3 or sat. directly to my tv everything works fine. I hooked up the full setup through the receiver to a different TV and it seemed to work fine. More than likely this points to the only remaining variable the HDMI cabling? Between the TV and the receiver there are three different junctions (cabling is run through the walls with female to female ends at each junction). Would it make sense to try and improve the signal somehow without taking out the HDMI cabling that is in the wall? I'd really like to avoid replacing the in-wall HDMI cabling, that would be a major pain in the rear. If you think I'm on the right track please pass on a few ideas to help with my signal issue.
thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2011, 09:03 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1987 Post(s)
Liked: 1749
HDMI cable lengths are generally only good for about 15-20' without a signal extender or reducing the resolution to 720p. Refer to post #3 in the Denon AVR-xx12 Owner's thread linked in my sig.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times.