Denon AVR selection help please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-11-2011, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I can not acess Bat Pig's website because the US Air Force doesn't like it for some reason. If I could access BPs site then I wouldn't need to post for help here.

I would like to get a Denon AVR that can do 7.1 and GIU for HDMI & non HDMI inputs
Two HDMI outs would be a bonus but not worth paying extra for.

I love buyuing used gear so this doesnt have to be this years model as long as it is 7.1 and has on screen menues for all sources.

TIA
Allen

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-11-2011, 08:54 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittletank View Post

I can not acess Bat Pig's website because the US Air Force doesn't like it for some reason. If I could access BPs site then I wouldn't need to post for help here.

I would like to get a Denon AVR that can do 7.1 and GIU for HDMI & non HDMI inputs
Two HDMI outs would be a bonus but not worth paying extra for.

I love buyuing used gear so this doesnt have to be this years model as long as it is 7.1 and has on screen menues for all sources.

TIA
Allen

Dual HDMI output starts with the 3312. Analog/digital video up-conversion to HDMI with scaling to 1080p starts with model 2312. If I can help you give me a call.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com

Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/

Call for B-stock projectors

Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

post #3 of 4 Old 10-11-2011, 08:55 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 1327
Review post #2 in the Denon XX12 Owner's thread linked in my sig for a comparison of this year's models .. all of which feature at least a 2D GUI overlay except the lowest level model. The 3312CI is the only model with dual HDMI monitor outs. For last year's models you'll have to start with the 2311CI/891 and higher for a GUI and the 3311CI is the only model with dual monitor outs.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #4 of 4 Old 10-11-2011, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There is a 3311 refurb available for a very reasonable price from macmall that will do all you are asking. I purchased one and have been very happy with the sound and features. For peace of mind I would consider getting an extended warranty (mack, buyshield, or squaretrade) because the network boards in these units do sometimes go bad and they are quite pricey to fix from what I've read.

I'll be honest though: I don't think I could have found a better receiver for the money. I even bought two other receivers and returned them after demoing the 3311.

Cheers,
NM
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page