Forum Jump: 

post #931 of 932 Old Today, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
Simply disconnect the speaker cables for your front L/R speakers from the AVR, then connect an RCA cable from the front L/R pre-outs of the AVR to the correct inputs on the amp. Then connect your speaker wires to the amp speaker outputs. Viola!.
I got most of that (even the French ending), one thing though " then connect an RCA cable from the front L/R pre-outs of the AVR to the correct inputs on the amp" - the front L/R pre-outs, where, the exact connections, are they on the backside of the AVR? Thanks so far!

Edit - and yes, after consulting the drawings in the manual I did find the connections. They were on the backside of the AVR, where the majority of such connections dwell. Marked "L/R Pre-out". That make sense really, all things considered.
climber07 likes this.

Last edited by RoedeOrm; Today at 02:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 932 Old Today, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoedeOrm View Post
I got most of that (even the French ending), one thing though " then connect an RCA cable from the front L/R pre-outs of the AVR to the correct inputs on the amp" - the front L/R pre-outs, where, the exact connections, are they on the backside of the AVR? Thanks so far!

Edit - and yes, after consulting the drawings in the manual I did find the connections. They were on the backside of the AVR, where the majority of such connections dwell. Marked "L/R Pre-out". That make sense really, all things considered.
I keep the manual and a large pic of the back of the AVR on my phone, so when I'm piddling around, I don't have to dismantle the entire system to look at the back of the AVR... I just look at the pic and use tactile feel to find what I'm looking for from the front.

link to extra large high quality pic: http://www.avland.co.uk/aasp/onkyo/1...09/rearlrg.jpg

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED TV - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One...
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo , Onkyo Tx Nr3009 , Transformers Dark Of The Moon Three Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , The Fifth Element Remastered Blu Ray , Onkyo Ht Rc160 7 2 Channel A V Surround Home Theater Receiver