Forum Jump: 

post #931 of 934 Old 08-22-2014, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
Simply disconnect the speaker cables for your front L/R speakers from the AVR, then connect an RCA cable from the front L/R pre-outs of the AVR to the correct inputs on the amp. Then connect your speaker wires to the amp speaker outputs. Viola!.
I got most of that (even the French ending), one thing though " then connect an RCA cable from the front L/R pre-outs of the AVR to the correct inputs on the amp" - the front L/R pre-outs, where, the exact connections, are they on the backside of the AVR? Thanks so far!

Edit - and yes, after consulting the drawings in the manual I did find the connections. They were on the backside of the AVR, where the majority of such connections dwell. Marked "L/R Pre-out". That make sense really, all things considered.
climber07 likes this.

Last edited by RoedeOrm; 08-22-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 934 Old 08-22-2014, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoedeOrm View Post
I got most of that (even the French ending), one thing though " then connect an RCA cable from the front L/R pre-outs of the AVR to the correct inputs on the amp" - the front L/R pre-outs, where, the exact connections, are they on the backside of the AVR? Thanks so far!

Edit - and yes, after consulting the drawings in the manual I did find the connections. They were on the backside of the AVR, where the majority of such connections dwell. Marked "L/R Pre-out". That make sense really, all things considered.
I keep the manual and a large pic of the back of the AVR on my phone, so when I'm piddling around, I don't have to dismantle the entire system to look at the back of the AVR... I just look at the pic and use tactile feel to find what I'm looking for from the front.

link to extra large high quality pic: http://www.avland.co.uk/aasp/onkyo/1...09/rearlrg.jpg

candoan likes this.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED TV - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One...
post #933 of 934 Old 08-23-2014, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
I keep the manual and a large pic of the back of the AVR on my phone, so when I'm piddling around, I don't have to dismantle the entire system to look at the back of the AVR... I just look at the pic and use tactile feel to find what I'm looking for from the front.
Thanks for the picture buddy, it is now on my trusted pocket companion (that would be my Nokia).
climber07 likes this.
post #934 of 934 Old 08-24-2014, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Has anyone used this receiver with a seperate 2 channel preamp? My preamp (McIntosh C2500) has an HT pass through option, but needs to be triggered with a 12 volt cord. I know this receiver has outs for Zone 2 and 3, but not the main. I am planning on possbily using the 3009 as just a processor since I have external amps. Equipment:

McIntosh C2500 preamp
2 x McIntosh MC352 amps for fronts
McIntosh MC7205 for center and rears
1 Powered sub
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo , Onkyo Tx Nr3009 , Transformers Dark Of The Moon Three Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , The Fifth Element Remastered Blu Ray , Onkyo Ht Rc160 7 2 Channel A V Surround Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page