The "Official" Onkyo TX-NR3009 Owners Thread - Page 33 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #961 of 965 Old 07-26-2016, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
Thanks for the link.. it seems it's only a network chip issue.. and says it won't affect connected devices

No, I am not electronically inclined at all...

I am definitely going to get it to the repair center... I love this receiver and even though i plan to get the new atmos rz3100 when it comes out, i'll keep this one for another room and as a spare just in case.
The 3009 would make a heck of an amp for a few of the speakers, to take some of the load off the RZ3100.
coolgeek likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 965 Old 07-26-2016, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
You're prob right Climber... thanks... and now will have to spend money repairing..

I switched in my Onkyo 1020 and it's working.. so, the signal chain is fine... therefore logically the problem must be with the receiver...

BTW: My receiver have been working fine for years, but after i plugged in the new DuneHD 4k Solo player, this happened after some playing around.. could it be possible the dune shorted the hdmi board in the receiver?
Exactly what happened to my onkyo 3009 about a year ago. I believe the receiver was around 4 yrs old. I just contacted onkyo and they sent out a box to return and replaced the board for free. Been working fine since.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #963 of 965 Old 07-26-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiltonj View Post
Exactly what happened to my onkyo 3009 about a year ago. I believe the receiver was around 4 yrs old. I just contacted onkyo and they sent out a box to return and replaced the board for free. Been working fine since.

BTW, I love that receiver.

post #964 of 965 Old 07-26-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
BTW, I love that receiver.

I just remembered a litle more. Give your s/n to onkyo and it might be on their list of potentials having a bad hdmi board. Thus, free repair. If not, call them. They were really good about it.

post #965 of 965 Old 07-26-2016, 11:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
I just remembered a litle more. Give your s/n to onkyo and it might be on their list of potentials having a bad hdmi board. Thus, free repair. If not, call them. They were really good about it.

Thanks... will do just that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo , Onkyo Tx Nr3009 , Transformers Dark Of The Moon Three Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , The Fifth Element Remastered Blu Ray , Onkyo Ht Rc160 7 2 Channel A V Surround Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page