Yamaha RX-v667 3D problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 11-14-2011, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Gang,
This is my first time posting here on AVS. I have never had the need to post anything, as I am usually pretty good at just using google to find the answers I need. However, this 3D thing has me completely clueless as to what to do.

I have a setup consisting of: Direct TV H25-500 receiver, Yamaha RX-v667 AVR, PS3, Optoma HD33 projector.

When I have the DTV receiver connected to the v667, I get the message "TV is not capable of 3D" or something like that. When I connect the DTV receiver directly to the projector, the 3D works like a charm...of course, with no sound. I also tried playing the new Batman Arkham City PS3 game in 3D and that didn't work either (through the AVR). The projector doesn't even give me the 3D options. I have also tried a 3D movie on the PS3 (How to Train Your Dragon). When I tried to watch the movie, I get a similar message as the DTV H25: "You need a 3D compatible TV to view movie".

I looked online and found that Yamaha had released a new firmware (ver. 2.05) that dealt directly with the DTV 3D problem. I checked the version of my AVR and it had ver. 1.0X. I went ahead and updated the firmware and now my AVR is running ver. 2.05. However, I still get the same message as before: "TV is not capable of 3D".

My questions to the team are: Could this be a setup issue? Or, could this be a cable issue? Let me just mention this here, I have everything connected through HDMI. I have a 3-6 foot cable from the DTV receiver and the same for the PS3. I have a 35 foot HDMI cable from the AVR to the projector (keep in mind that the 35 foot cable works fine for 3D when I connect directly to it from the source).

This is driving me nuts.

-eeek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-14-2011, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
So you know the 35 foot cable is ok so what about the cable going from the DTV box to the receiver? Is the same kind of cable or is an older one? I have had no problems with HDMI cables with my Denon 3311 and 3Dtv. Most of my cables are pretty old but as long as they are high speed cables they should work just fine. If you know for sure that it’s not the cables I would call Yamaha and see what they say. Have you checked the Optoma HD33 owners thread to see if anybody else is having similar problems?
post #3 of 8 Old 11-14-2011, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

I ended up buying a High Speed+Ethernet HDMI cable to see if that works, but that didn't work either. I did a google search, but I couldn't find anything regarding the issue that I am having from any of the other forums. I have pretty much narrowed the problem down to either the receiver or the projector. But, the projector works fine when the source is connected directly to it.

I guess I will call Yamaha customer support. I hate calling customer support due to past experiences. I guess I am just going to have to suck it up.
post #4 of 8 Old 11-14-2011, 01:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 215
The DTV boxes are only checking for an HDMI-1.4 handshake, if they get that then 3D should be sent. After updating the AVR did you do a factory reset?

But try turning off all video processing in the AVR. And as suggested, swap out HDMI cables on both sides of the AVR. Also be sure to try the SAME input on the TV that worked when connected direct to the DTV box.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-14-2011, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

I did not do a factory reset. I will give that a try. Thanks for the info!
post #6 of 8 Old 11-14-2011, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

D'oh! Factory update did not work. I will call Yamaha tomorrow.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-07-2012, 11:39 PM

Did this ever get resolved? I'm interested since I'm considering a similar setup.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-24-2012, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Dude,

Sorry it took so long to reply. Yes, I did get it resolved. I ended up disconnecting everything and starting from scratch and I got the 3D to work. It was a pain, but everything seems to be fine. I got directTV 3D, PS3 and Xbox 360 to work. I tried both movies (Harry Potter 7 Part 2 3D and How to Train your Dragon 3D) and games (Batman Arkham City & Gears of War 3). I do recommend the setup.
-eeek
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V667 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V667 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page