AVS Forum banner
30K views 119 replies 44 participants last post by  Harris Levinson 
#1 ·
Both released in September, apart from price, the

DTR-80.3 has:

1. Clear five-way versus Onkyo'ish black/red binding posts.

2. Shielded toroidal transformer with four independent power supplies,

as opposed to unshielded with two PSUs and 5-10W/channel less on the

70.3. Weight changes accordingly too.

DTR-80.3

DTR-70.3

Product pages:

http://www.integrahometheater.com/mo...m=DTR-80.3&p=i

http://www.integrahometheater.com/mo...m=DTR-70.3&p=i

Brochures:

http://63.148.251.135/redirect.cfm?t..._US_110902.pdf

http://63.148.251.135/redirect.cfm?t..._US_110902.pdf

See less See more
#27 ·
I'm wanting to get a 70.3 but the heat issues are scaring me a little. Has anyone had any problems yet. My equipment is in a middle atlantic rack. I'm also considering a Denon 4311 anyone come from one of those to by this. I'm a Yamaha guy but after 12 years I'm going to try something different.

#28 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyraxus /forum/post/21545687

70.3 owner here and I've noticed what I would refer to as the ominous 'random clicks'. My setup is a PS3 (Fat) going to the the 70.3 going to an Epson 5010. The last two blu-rays I've watched my wife and I have both heard clicks at random points during the movie. No audio dropout occurred during the clicks and the audio did not change formats - this was during the middle of the movie. I was running the receiver at about a volume setting of 70. I'm wondering if this was caused by heat since I noticed the unit was rather hot.

After I heard the last click I rewound the movie to slightly before the click happened and let it play to reproduce - nothing. I was not able to reproduce it and that's got me worried as far as finding the cause and getting it fixed.

HAS this been reported before (even with previous models)? Was there a resolution?

What do you guys think, do I have a defective unit or is this just something that happens during break-in?

Thanks for any help in advance - I'm rather concerned about this.

If the clicks only occur after the 70.3 has been working for a while you're probably hearing the fan relays kicking in. Many people are using auxiliary cooling fans and have never experienced what you report. Onkyo/Integra's normally run a little ......"warm"
to begin with, but you probably have nothing to worry about if I understand your question correctly.

Cheers,

SB

#31 ·
Bought 70.3 yesterday. I've set it up and it's sounds fine, took a little time to get through the menus. Couple of things, the integra iPod app sucks, I thought my Yamaha app was bad but integra's takes the cake. If I was them I wouldn't even offer that. Yes I have the o remote app and it works nice. On my Yamaha app I can stream my music from my device, is there anyway to do that on the o remote app? Also there are so many listening modes for movies that it is overwhelming, what do most of you guys use for playback? Thanks

#32 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyraxus /forum/post/21545687

70.3 owner here and I've noticed what I would refer to as the ominous 'random clicks'. My setup is a PS3 (Fat) going to the the 70.3 going to an Epson 5010. The last two blu-rays I've watched my wife and I have both heard clicks at random points during the movie. No audio dropout occurred during the clicks and the audio did not change formats - this was during the middle of the movie. I was running the receiver at about a volume setting of 70. I'm wondering if this was caused by heat since I noticed the unit was rather hot.

After I heard the last click I rewound the movie to slightly before the click happened and let it play to reproduce - nothing. I was not able to reproduce it and that's got me worried as far as finding the cause and getting it fixed.

HAS this been reported before (even with previous models)? Was there a resolution?

What do you guys think, do I have a defective unit or is this just something that happens during break-in?

Thanks for any help in advance - I'm rather concerned about this.

Set mine up last night and ran pretty hard. I didn't hear anything but really nice soundtracks and music. I don't have any fans yet but plan on using some just for peace of mind.

#34 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezlar /forum/post/0

Bought 70.3 yesterday. I've set it up and it's sounds fine, took a little time to get through the menus. Couple of things, the integra iPod app sucks, I thought my Yamaha app was bad but integra's takes the cake. If I was them I wouldn't even offer that. Yes I have the o remote app and it works nice. On my Yamaha app I can stream my music from my device, is there anyway to do that on the o remote app? Also there are so many listening modes for movies that it is overwhelming, what do most of you guys use for playback? Thanks

Agree both the Onkyo and Integra app are pathetic.

No streaming from your phone you need AirPlay or something similar.

#35 ·
Longtime reader, but first time posting here. I am planning to replace my Yamaha RX-V3800 with a new receiver. I am also upgrading my speakers (surround speakers will be replaced by KEF Q800DS - Dipole). My usage is 70% movies and 30% music. Could anyone please answe the following questions

1) I have not heard Integra or Onkyo for a long time so not sure about the sonic characteristics. My local dealer does not have Integra or Onkyo in stock (latest model). How is Integra's SQ compared to the receivers like Anthem? I assume that Integra has no problem on driving the less efficiency speakers (sensitity 85dB) like KEF dipole (as surround) decent speaker like KEF Q900 (sensitivity 91dB).

2)I read some complains about heating issues Is that something that I need to be worried about. In my setup, front, top and rear of the receiver is open and I assume that heating will not be an issue.

3) Is Integra 80.3 same as Onkyo 5009 in terms of SQ?

4) I heard about clicking issues. Is that something that I need to be concerned about?

-Jay

#36 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay777 /forum/post/21568746

Longtime reader, but first time posting here. I am planning to replace my Yamaha RX-V3800 with a new receiver. I am also upgrading my speakers (surround speakers will be replaced by KEF Q800DS - Dipole). My usage is 70% movies and 30% music. Could anyone please answe the following questions

1) I have not heard Integra or Onkyo for a long time so not sure about the sonic characteristics. My local dealer does not have Integra or Onkyo in stock (latest model). How is Integra's SQ compared to the receivers like Anthem? I assume that Integra has no problem on driving the less efficiency speakers (sensitity 85dB) like KEF dipole (as surround) decent speaker like KEF Q900 (sensitivity 91dB).

2)I read some complains about heating issues Is that something that I need to be worried about. In my setup, front, top and rear of the receiver is open and I assume that heating will not be an issue.

3) Is Integra 80.3 same as Onkyo 5009 in terms of SQ?

4) I heard about clicking issues. Is that something that I need to be concerned about?

-Jay

Couple days in and no problems. Ran my 70.3 pretty hard first night didn't seem over the top hot.

#38 ·
Jay777...when I auditioned the integra 70.3 with the Anthem 700mrx I found the integra more warmer sounding. Now, that can be sometimes a good thing and sometimes bad. I found a hard time to decide which one to get as some movies sounded better on the Integra and some on the Anthem. In the End I got the Integra as it seemed more future proof to me. But to be honest sometimes I think I made a mistake

#40 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanuel /forum/post/21515453

Hi,

I got my 70.3 couple weeks ago. It seems like a great amp, but quite frankly I'm not too smitten by the sound;(. It just never seems to sound "big" so I keep turning it up untill it's too loud to listen to. Also what is with the volume, usually I have to have it at around 70-75 to get a decent volume? And I also get the audio delay when playing bluray on my ps3. Also sometimes I'd get a very loud pop sound which is quite annoying.

But perhaps I don't have it set up right. Can't seem to do the microphone set up as it always seems to show that I have rear sorrounds when I only have front, centre and sorround speakers. Even tho I set it that way in the settings, once I plug in the Mic to do the set up it tries to pick rear sorrounds again.

Hi Samanuel,

I home auditioned the Integra DTR 50.3, and had similar experience of audio delay playing blu-ray and clipped notes on the 1st track playing CD's.

I love the Integra's SQ. These may not be the deal breaker, but sure are annoying. How do you fix the audio delay problem?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Alfred

#41 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrunsiowaboy /forum/post/21514043

Greetings everyone, I am somewhat new posting here and hope someone can help me. I just got my Integra 70.3 Monday and set everything up. It truly sounds amazing with my MA Silver system and HSU Sub. I am having an issue noone can figure out. My blu ray (Panasonic BDT210), when advancing chapters or going to a specific chapter, has about a 3 second audio delay. The video is going, but no audio. I updated to the latest firmware, hard reset, unplugged all the HDMI, I ran through speaker setup, everything. This also happens when starting a Blu Ray. It alsmost seems like the sound codec is delayed. It was in DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD. I hope someone can help.

Also wondering if anyone has seen a lag with a PS3 or a grainy picture. I have the PS3 display output set to 1080p/24, but its output is 1080p/60, which I assume is the game. Should I set this to 720p or 1080i?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Integra 70.3

MA RX6, RXCenter, RXFX, RX1,

HSU VTF-15H

Sony VPL 15,

Panny BDT210.

Hello, I have the same experience of audio delay with the Integra/Panasonic blu-ray player combo. In addition, the combo also clips a few notes on the 1st track of regular CD's.

How do you fix the problem?

Thanks,

Alfred

#42 ·
Hi Alfred...quite frankly I haven't fixed it. The problem is that it seems to do so only on some movies and then some are fine. I've noticed there is a lip sinc option in the settings so perhaps it would be worth having a little play with that. Altho if it happens to You with all blu-rays, that would be quite frustrating. But at this moment can't think of anything else

#44 ·
But I have another question to someone who uses their integra with the playstation 3 as a blu ray player. I can't seem to work out how to get the ps3 to only send the source into the integra leaving the integra it self to process the audio and video? As right now the ps3 does the processing therefor it isn't that great for the integra to process it again afterwords. I would like only for the integra to do the processing.

#46 ·
Im looking into the 70.3 or 80.3 and have a question. Can the video upconvert settings be set by input? For example can i have my bd player set to pass through untouched and have my directv set to upconvert to 1080p even though they will be sent out the same hdmi out?

#47 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses /forum/post/21668862

Im looking into the 70.3 or 80.3 and have a question. Can the video upconvert settings be set by input? For example can i have my bd player set to pass through untouched and have my directv set to upconvert to 1080p even though they will be sent out the same hdmi out?

Yes you can

#48 ·
Working on a new system and im undecided between the 80.3 and 70.3. The only reason im considering the 80.3 is the receiver will be driving dynaudio x12's, x22 and dm 2/6 and they are not the easiest to drive. According to my dealer the 80.3 is back ordered a few weeks currently.

#49 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses /forum/post/21680052

Working on a new system and im undecided between the 80.3 and 70.3. The only reason im considering the 80.3 is the receiver will be driving dynaudio x12's, x22 and dm 2/6 and they are not the easiest to drive. According to my dealer the 80.3 is back ordered a few weeks currently.

Those that went with the 80.3 over the 70.3 would you care to chime in with your reasons and experience? Im still undecided if the $600 difference is worth the shielded transformer, 2 more independant power supplies and a few more watts per channel. Thanks.

#50 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses /forum/post/21686465

Those that went with the 80.3 over the 70.3 would you care to chime in with your reasons and experience? Im still undecided if the $600 difference is worth the shielded transformer, 2 more independant power supplies and a few more watts per channel. Thanks.

The Integra site is all wrong, the 70.3 is the same as the Onkyo 3009, the only difference between the amp section of these two and the Integra 80.3/Onkyo 5009 is the latter feature a toroidal transformer where as the former have a regular EI transformer. All four feature separate transformers for video and audio processing.

#51 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo604 /forum/post/21687020

The Integra site is all wrong, the 70.3 is the same as the Onkyo 3009, the only difference between the amp section of these two and the Integra 80.3/Onkyo 5009 is the latter feature a toroidal transformer where as the former have a regular EI transformer. All four feature separate transformers for video and audio processing.

Thanks. Looking at the specs for the nr3009 and nr5009 this seems correct. I wonder why the integra site is incorrect? My question remains though is the transformer and a few extra watts worth the extra $600?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.