Official Integra DTR-80.3 DTR-70.3 Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 118 Old 03-07-2012, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, got a call from the dealer. Integra is suppose to receive stock from our neighbors in Asia tommorow or Friday and my unit is suppose to ship on Monday. So, your dealer is partly right that the U.S. is on back-order, but Asia has some on the way. Hope this helps...

Josh D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 118 Old 03-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdolotina View Post

Ok, got a call from the dealer. Integra is suppose to receive stock from our neighbors in Asia tommorow or Friday and my unit is suppose to ship on Monday. So, your dealer is partly right that the U.S. is on back-order, but Asia has some on the way. Hope this helps...

Josh D.

Thanks for the update, i appreciate it!
post #63 of 118 Old 03-13-2012, 12:23 PM

Hi. I'm new to the forum but recently got a DTR 80.3. Very happy with the unit so far but I have a question. I'm old school and run three VCRs which are processed to 1080i by the 80.3. The pictures is wonderful but when I fast forward and stop, the show plays a little and then the screen goes black, then half green, then black then all green then black again until the show comes back and runs perfectly until I fast forward again. Is the screen issue caused by the 80.3 trying to get a new lock on the signal or is this a problem of some other kind?
post #64 of 118 Old 03-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Josh D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post

Thanks for the update, i appreciate it!

Did your unit ship? I have not heard from my dealer regarding if they are now available.
post #65 of 118 Old 03-13-2012, 10:47 PM

Yes, in fact it was suppose to have arrived Tuesday, but I didn't have time to pick it up. I'll be racing over there this morning to get it... What did your dealer tell you was the hold up?
post #66 of 118 Old 03-13-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieB291 View Post

Hi. I'm new to the forum but recently got a DTR 80.3. Very happy with the unit so far but I have a question. I'm old school and run three VCRs which are processed to 1080i by the 80.3. The pictures is wonderful but when I fast forward and stop, the show plays a little and then the screen goes black, then half green, then black then all green then black again until the show comes back and runs perfectly until I fast forward again. Is the screen issue caused by the 80.3 trying to get a new lock on the signal or is this a problem of some other kind?

Ronnie,

I am supposed to pick mine up today. However, I won't get it hooked up till probably Monday. I have a VCR also and I'll see how it works with me.
post #67 of 118 Old 03-14-2012, 04:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yes, in fact it was suppose to have arrived Tuesday, but I didn't have time to pick it up. I'll be racing over there this morning to get it... What did your dealer tell you was the hold up?

I havent spoke to him directly in a week or so. I will be calling him today. Thanks.
post #68 of 118 Old 03-14-2012, 04:44 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone know when the firmware will be released so we can use our Audyssey Pro kit to calibrate this unit???

Getting tired of waiting
post #69 of 118 Old 03-14-2012, 12:10 PM

Thanks. (P.S. I love this unit! I had a Denon AVR 4810CI whose NIC card died on Day 2. Finally replaced it with the 80.3. Better sound (in my opinion) and easier setup.)
post #70 of 118 Old 03-14-2012, 02:32 PM

Finally!

Her fat @ss has arrived. This is one big unit! She weighs in at 62 lbs. with packaging. I spoke to my dealer about some of the backorder issues that you guys have been dealing with. In short, he said that he is the largest seller in three states for Integra, which I guess gives him priority to stock as it comes to the states. Your dealer may not be a large seller of Integra which gives him a lower priority to stock.

It makes sense I guess. When I was looking for my Velodyne I had a hell of a time getting it with my dealer here in Shreveport. However, I had a business trip in Salt Lake City in which I had no problem getting it there. Turns out he was a large seller.

On a side note, would anybody care for an unboxing of this unit? I haven't seen any DTR 80.3s being unboxed on YouTube. I'll get some pictures up when I get it setup, but it won't be till next week. I'll post first impressions also.

Josh D.
LL
post #71 of 118 Old 03-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Finally!

Her fat @ss has arrived. This is one big unit! She weighs in at 62 lbs. with packaging. I spoke to my dealer about some of the backorder issues that you guys have been dealing with. In short, he said that he is the largest seller in three states for Integra, which I guess gives him priority to stock as it comes to the states. Your dealer may not be a large seller of Integra which gives him a lower priority to stock.

It makes sense I guess. When I was looking for my Velodyne I had a hell of a time getting it with my dealer here in Shreveport. However, I had a business trip in Salt Lake City in which I had no problem getting it there. Turns out he was a large seller.

On a side note, would anybody care for an unboxing of this unit? I haven't seen any DTR 80.3s being unboxed on YouTube. I'll get some pictures up when I get it setup, but it won't be till next week. I'll post first impressions also.

Josh D.

Looking forward to your impressions. I think an unboxing would be cool. I called my dealer today and he was going to email his integra rep to check the status. I hope my unit is actually ordered and hes not just waiting for stock to arrive and then place the order.
post #72 of 118 Old 03-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Finally!

Josh D.

Quote:

Looking forward to your impressions. I think an unboxing would be cool. I called my dealer today and he was going to email his integra rep to check the status. I hope my unit is actually ordered and hes not just waiting for stock to arrive and then place the order.

My 80.3 is shipping from integra tomorrow and should be at my dealer early next week. Thanks again for keeping us updated with the stock status or who knows when my dealer would have actually found out.
post #73 of 118 Old 03-17-2012, 10:33 AM

I just put in an order for a 70.3. My dealer says that he verified with Integra that they are in stock.
post #74 of 118 Old 03-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsjg View Post

I just put in an order for a 70.3. My dealer says that he verified with Integra that they are in stock.

Yea i dont believe the 70.3 was ever out of stock but the 80.3's were. It seems both units are now in stock though.
post #75 of 118 Old 03-20-2012, 04:49 AM
Advanced Member

Onkyo has issued a recall for a limited number of receivers. Hopefully the Integra's are not affected as well. http://www.us.onkyo.com/press_releases.cfm?id=253
post #76 of 118 Old 03-20-2012, 06:52 AM

Ok - so I hooked up my 70.3 last night.. this was replacing my B&K AVR 507S2.

I tried to run Audyssey - but my rear speakers came up with an error -- I think the tweeters in them are blown. so I set the levels kind of by ear (will break out the DB meter tonight)

B&W 703 fronts & Center

Here are my thoughts
1) the binding posts are small (compared with my B&K) it was hard to get my speaker wires in there.

2) I cranked up the volume and it was crystal clear - however it lacked the "power" that the B&K had (I played with the modes). At the Interga's max - It seemed like the B&K would have another 1/4 of a turn more to give.

I went to bed kind of depressed

I too heard some random clicking. I changed some channels on the cable box and not every channel change would equal a click, but every 2 out of 3 times you would stop there would be a click.

Any suggestions? I feel like I have to go out and buy a 2 channel amp for my fronts.. and I have them bi-wired.
post #77 of 118 Old 03-23-2012, 12:34 AM

Hi, FYI there is new firmware released for the 70.3 and 80.3 series as per: http://www.integrahometheater.com/download_firmware.cfm 13/3/2012

Also, I have played Blue Ray films that are encoded in TrueHD(I have verified output from display option on player) and have yet to work out how to get the "TrueHD" to light up on the amplifier. I have confirmed in manual that there is a "TrueHD" that can come up. Anyone else seen this or know how to enable?

I have a Sony BDB360 player and have configured 6.1 and 5.1 for speakers.
post #78 of 118 Old 03-23-2012, 04:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMar View Post

Hi, FYI there is new firmware released for the 70.3 and 80.3 series as per: http://www.integrahometheater.com/download_firmware.cfm 13/3/2012

Also, I have played Blue Ray films that are encoded in TrueHD(I have verified output from display option on player) and have yet to work out how to get the "TrueHD" to light up on the amplifier. I have confirmed in manual that there is a "TrueHD" that can come up. Anyone else seen this or know how to enable?

Im not familiar with your bd player but it needs to be set to bitstreaming and not pcm in order the truehd light to show. Audibly there is no difference between pcm and bitstream but if you want the truehd light this is what you probably need to do.
post #79 of 118 Old 03-23-2012, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:

Hi DanMar, check the BD player setting... HDMI Audio is set to "Auto" and BD Audio is set to "Direct".

And also note sometimes a Blu Ray disc will default to the standard DD/DTS track (during previews as well), so you might have to manually select the TrueHD/DTS-HD soundtrack. Normally this will be found under Audio or Language Setting.
post #80 of 118 Old 03-23-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpa-esq. View Post

Ok - so I hooked up my 70.3 last night.. this was replacing my B&K AVR 507S2.

I tried to run Audyssey - but my rear speakers came up with an error -- I think the tweeters in them are blown. so I set the levels kind of by ear (will break out the DB meter tonight)

B&W 703 fronts & Center

Here are my thoughts
1) the binding posts are small (compared with my B&K) it was hard to get my speaker wires in there.

2) I cranked up the volume and it was crystal clear - however it lacked the "power" that the B&K had (I played with the modes). At the Interga's max - It seemed like the B&K would have another 1/4 of a turn more to give.

I went to bed kind of depressed

I too heard some random clicking. I changed some channels on the cable box and not every channel change would equal a click, but every 2 out of 3 times you would stop there would be a click.

Any suggestions? I feel like I have to go out and buy a 2 channel amp for my fronts.. and I have them bi-wired.

Well I figured out why my receiver didn't seem to have the power when the volume was cranked all the way up:

My problem was that lets say between 85%-100% of max volume there was no definite increase in volume as you toggled within this range. I even blindfolded my wife and asked her to tell me if I was turning the volume up or down.

Other than changes in the volume of the source material, neither of us could tell if the volume was being turned up or down within this range.

Did a Factory Reset!

The problem went away The reason, is because Audyssey once set up kind of "takes over" your settings -even if you go into the speaker level settings and bump it up. I noticed that the red "Audyssey EQ" light on the receiver (on near the dts, DD icons) went away. I think this was nannying my receiver and trying to keep all of the levels of the system in line, even when I wanted to crank it up to the max.

So moral of the story is that Audyssey is not for everyone - if you are handy with your sound pressure meeter, and tape measure, and don't mind tweaking a little bit here and there - then skip Audyssey
post #81 of 118 Old 03-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpa-esq. View Post

Well I figured out why my receiver didn't seem to have the power when the volume was cranked all the way up:

My problem was that lets say between 85%-100% of max volume there was no definite increase in volume as you toggled within this range. I even blindfolded my wife and asked her to tell me if I was turning the volume up or down.

Other than changes in the volume of the source material, neither of us could tell if the volume was being turned up or down within this range.

Did a Factory Reset!

The problem went away The reason, is because Audyssey once set up kind of "takes over" your settings -even if you go into the speaker level settings and bump it up. I noticed that the red "Audyssey EQ" light on the receiver (on near the dts, DD icons) went away. I think this was nannying my receiver and trying to keep all of the levels of the system in line, even when I wanted to crank it up to the max.

So moral of the story is that Audyssey is not for everyone - if you are handy with your sound pressure meeter, and tape measure, and don't mind tweaking a little bit here and there - then skip Audyssey

Im sorry but i have to disagree here. Audyssey xt32 does so much more than you can accomplish with a tape measure and spl meter.
post #82 of 118 Old 03-27-2012, 09:15 AM

Long time listener, first time caller :-)
What are your subjective impressions of the Audio/Video PROCESSING capabilities of the three units?

DTR 70.3
DTR 80.3
DHC 80.3

I was just given the green light to upgrade my Home Theater. Currently using Krell Showcase Processor and Krell Showcase 7 (110 wpc) driving Avalon Symbol speakers & Martin Logan Depth Sub in a 12 x 14 room. Looking to replace the Krell Processor with either a modern processor or receiver. The Krell Showcase Amplifier will stay to drive the home theater.

I like the DTR's because they will give me the ability to use 6 of the amplifier channels to drive up to 3 ADDITIONAL zones of music. But this will be background music and quality is not the highest requirement (although if the difference is substantial, I would appreciate the input).

Is there a significant difference in the DAC/Video/Preamp capabilities? I know the specs are the same, but seeing and hearing is believing. Is the DHC 80.3 truly another step up? I know what the spec say... I am looking for observations.

Any information, thoughts, or opinions are welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan
post #83 of 118 Old 03-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Im sorry but i have to disagree here. Audyssey xt32 does so much more than you can accomplish with a tape measure and spl meter.

+1

Possibly something wrong with his calibration/setup/equipment, and positively something wrong with his understanding of the Audyssey room correction system. A thorough study of the Audyssey setup guide and the FAQ's (found at the beginning of the Audyssey thread) is certainly in order.

Cheers,
SB
post #84 of 118 Old 03-29-2012, 10:07 AM

Ok, so after a long week with relatives coming in and out, I finally got the 80.3 installed. All I can say is wow! The Audyssey XT32 calibration really transformed my system compared to the Marantz SR7500 which also has a calibration system. Audyssey set my fronts to 40hz, and actually had me turn down my sub to 75 dB before running the calibration. Afterwards, I changed the fronts back to 80 Hz which gave me more bass out of the sub. The sub was weak at 40 Hz. Overall, the installation of the Integra was fairly straight forward, however setting up the HDMI inputs for resolution took some reading to figure out how to bypass the video processors for my Oppo 93. I do not have any sync issues with audio from either of my sources. The picture quality on Dish Network is slightly improved, but by all means is not a night and day difference. I did have issues getting PCM and DolbyTrueHD and DTS HD Master to work correctly. At first I thought the receiver was the problem due to the fact that when I put in a Dolby True Bluray, I would get a DTS light on the receiver. Long story short, come to find out the secondary audio on my Oppo was set to ON, which causes the player to output a lossey format which defaults to DTS. Once I got that fixed everything worked correctly.

I too also get the clicks when two channel sources switch back over to DD, such as commercials going into regular programming with DD encoding. The clicks are not loud at all, and are not bothersome. I have some more tweaking to do tomorrow getting my remote setup, and setting default listening modes for my sources. The receiver has so many features and options that it can almost be confusing on what feature can and can't work with other features.

I was not able to get a video of the box opening, but I took a few pictures of the unit as I opened it. In the power supply section of the amp on the left and right side of the amp you will find a fan. I assume that one pulls in air while the other draws air out of the power supply section. I didn't notice whether the back section of the receiver had fans. I can tell you that the unit does run rather warm, but is not anything to be concerned about. The receiver is noticeably warmer in the rear section were the HDMI board sits. The board is rather close to the top of the lid so I think the heat is more noticeable because it sits at the top of the receiver. I do have my unit in an AV cabinet, but I recently installed fans to help ventilate the cabinet. I'll post a picture of my setup sometime tomorrow.

On a side note, my back hurts from lugging the receiver around during the installation. There is even a warning on the box recommending a two man lift to move it. Thats all for the moment, I'll update tomorrow if I find out anything interesting.

Josh D.
LL
LL
LL
post #85 of 118 Old 03-30-2012, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi DanMar, check the BD player setting... HDMI Audio is set to "Auto" and BD Audio is set to "Direct".

And also note sometimes a Blu Ray disc will default to the standard DD/DTS track (during previews as well), so you might have to manually select the TrueHD/DTS-HD soundtrack. Normally this will be found under Audio or Language Setting.

Hi, I have verified that the BD Player is set to "TrueHD" or "DTSHD". When clicking the "display" button on BD remote I see the status bars on screen that indicate these are being output correctly but 70.3 display doesn't show these modes on screen. I have cycled through all the modes & no go. Does HDMI for BD connection need to be set to "direct"?

Does anyone have these come up on the screen? Also, what is the best mode to set for PVR TV playback? I notice default is all ch stereo.
post #86 of 118 Old 03-30-2012, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:

Hi, I have verified that the BD Player is set to "TrueHD" or "DTSHD". When clicking the "display" button on BD remote I see the status bars on screen that indicate these are being output correctly but 70.3 display doesn't show these modes on screen. I have cycled through all the modes & no go. Does HDMI for BD connection need to be set to "direct"?

Check that TrueHD and DTS-HD is set to "Straight Decode" found under Listening Mode Preset menu.
post #87 of 118 Old 03-30-2012, 05:48 PM

Also, make sure secondarynaudio is off under audio section on the blu ray player.
post #88 of 118 Old 03-30-2012, 06:15 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:

Ok, so after a long week with relatives coming in and out, I finally got the 80.3 installed. All I can say is wow! The Audyssey XT32 calibration really transformed my system compared to the Marantz SR7500 which also has a calibration system. Audyssey set my fronts to 40hz, and actually had me turn down my sub to 75 dB before running the calibration. Afterwards, I changed the fronts back to 80 Hz which gave me more bass out of the sub. The sub was weak at 40 Hz. Overall, the installation of the Integra was fairly straight forward, however setting up the HDMI inputs for resolution took some reading to figure out how to bypass the video processors for my Oppo 93. I do not have any sync issues with audio from either of my sources. The picture quality on Dish Network is slightly improved, but by all means is not a night and day difference. I did have issues getting PCM and DolbyTrueHD and DTS HD Master to work correctly. At first I thought the receiver was the problem due to the fact that when I put in a Dolby True Bluray, I would get a DTS light on the receiver. Long story short, come to find out the secondary audio on my Oppo was set to ON, which causes the player to output a lossey format which defaults to DTS. Once I got that fixed everything worked correctly.

I too also get the clicks when two channel sources switch back over to DD, such as commercials going into regular programming with DD encoding. The clicks are not loud at all, and are not bothersome. I have some more tweaking to do tomorrow getting my remote setup, and setting default listening modes for my sources. The receiver has so many features and options that it can almost be confusing on what feature can and can't work with other features.

I was not able to get a video of the box opening, but I took a few pictures of the unit as I opened it. In the power supply section of the amp on the left and right side of the amp you will find a fan. I assume that one pulls in air while the other draws air out of the power supply section. I didn't notice whether the back section of the receiver had fans. I can tell you that the unit does run rather warm, but is not anything to be concerned about. The receiver is noticeably warmer in the rear section were the HDMI board sits. The board is rather close to the top of the lid so I think the heat is more noticeable because it sits at the top of the receiver. I do have my unit in an AV cabinet, but I recently installed fans to help ventilate the cabinet. I'll post a picture of my setup sometime tomorrow.

On a side note, my back hurts from lugging the receiver around during the installation. There is even a warning on the box recommending a two man lift to move it. Thats all for the moment, I'll update tomorrow if I find out anything interesting.

Josh D.

Weird looks like the casing of the 80.3 isn't as nice as it's Onkyo equivalent the 5009.

The top cover looks no different from the 70.3 and my Onkyo 3009, I wonder why the special cover only on the 5009?
post #89 of 118 Old 03-31-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo604 View Post

Weird looks like the casing of the 80.3 isn't as nice as it's Onkyo equivalent the 5009.

The top cover looks no different from the 70.3 and my Onkyo 3009, I wonder why the special cover only on the 5009?

I took a look at the casing on my 80.3 and beyond the front panel, my unit has the same panels as the 5009. What exactly are you comparing?
post #90 of 118 Old 04-01-2012, 10:22 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:

I took a look at the casing on my 80.3 and beyond the front panel, my unit has the same panels as the 5009. What exactly are you comparing?

I was looking at the pictures you posted. The vents on the 80.3 look the same as the 70.3 and 3009, and it also appears to be one piece like the other two. If I'm wrong forgive me but it certainly looks different from the 5009.

Your pics

Now take a closer look at the 5009 casing. As my previous post showed you it comes in three pieces. The vents are also different.

The best way to tell if the 80.3 has the same panels is if it has screws at the top of the case, this would mean that it definitely has a three piece case. If not it's a one piece.

Now does this makes a sonic difference, that one I'm not so sure.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Integra Dtr80 3 , Mitsubishi Hc7000 Lcd Digital Video Projector , Anthem Mrx700 , Onkyo Tx Nr5009
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page