ONKYO TX NR-807 Network problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 7 Old 11-23-2011, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There is a patch for the 807 that I need to install to fix a problem with "no sound when powered up sometimes". This problem finally became permanent and it is a must to get this patch installed.

When I went to install this patch it never got past Network Initializing when you put it on the network setting , it just gets stuck there. So what I have now is a unpatchable receiver unless I can figure out how to bring up the network connection.
I have connected to the RS232 port via teratermpro and com1 on my pc and can't figure out the connection parameters. All I get is garbage being dumped on the screen. I don't even know if the RS232 port can be used for troubleshooting a problem like this or what it is used for at all.

Does anyone have any experience with an ONKYO network problem like this. If there is not enough info here I will be glad to pull more out of it if you can show me how.
Thanks, Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-21-2012, 11:24 AM

My 807 stopped playing audio. I was told to download the latest firmware, but my NET connection was not working (even though the same cable worked on my computer).

After tinkering for a while, it started working. Downloaded the new firmware and everything was fine...until I turned it off.

When I turned it back on - no sound - and no network connection. Tinkered with the network connection again, got it to work. Audio came back on without downloading the firmware again.

Lost audio AGAIN after turning off the receiver. Still trying to get the receiver to see the network - even after doing another system reset. Not a happy camper...
post #3 of 7 Old 04-30-2012, 06:45 PM

hmmm, just had the same issue....

Odd thing is I've had no audio about 1x/month for two yrs, a simple unplug and replug of the receiver fixed it -- until today when I have NOTHING

No sound after several power cycles
and a factory firmware reset
and I cannot update the firmware due to NO NETWORK

sad, I called Crutchfield they pointed me at Onkyo (closed tonight)
post #4 of 7 Old 07-20-2012, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi all

After doing some reading it looks like the 807 has a wide spread problem across many countries, Europe & USA.

Mine stopped working 2yrs & 4 months after purchase about the same period of time as a lot of other peoples.

I have no sound & would only get sound once I did a factory reset of the unit & as soon as the unit has cooled down you turn it back on
and you again have no sound.

As far as I'm concerned this fault was with the unit when I first purchased it for so many people to have the same problem.

I took mine back to the store in the UK richer sounds who have sent it back to Onkyo for repairs but I shouldn't have to pay for a problem
that already existed even if it is 4 months out of warranty.

I just sold my Yamaha DSP A1 that never faulted in 10yrs :-(.

Anyone had any luck with Onkyo doing these repairs to this unit.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-29-2012, 04:31 PM

i have the exact same issue and it happened after 2 years and 6 months. I have written Onkyo and told them that since this is a wide spread issue they should repair it.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-31-2012, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Let us Know how you get on Steven and what Onkyo say, mine was sent to Onkyo by the shop here is the UK about 2 weeks ago still waiting to here what they say before I start having a go, where abouts are you Im trying to see how many in the UK have the same problem, there are quite a few in the USA & other European countries.
post #7 of 7 Unread Today, 09:08 AM

Exclamation Onkyo TX-NR807 Manufacture Free Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojack42 View Post
Let us Know how you get on Steven and what Onkyo say, mine was sent to Onkyo by the shop here is the UK about 2 weeks ago still waiting to here what they say before I start having a go, where abouts are you Im trying to see how many in the UK have the same problem, there are quite a few in the USA & other European countries.
Call Onkyo customer service and tell them your unit has no sound or network issues and they will direct you to part's and service at 201-785-2600. they have a program to fix it at no charge. The company is sending me a box, packaging, and a return label to return it for repairs at no charge. There is also an option to get a $125 rebate on a new receiver. either way my confidence in Onkyo is restored.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr807
Gear in this thread - Nr807 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page