post #541 of 547 Old 06-19-2013, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by denkiedenk View Post

I kinda resent your post suffolk, after everything was solved i posted that everything was resolved, i'm not anti emotiva, (although many people in place would now be anti emotiva that's for sure, but i'm just a nice guy i guess). More even, i'm not anti anything, but i'm 'pro' solutions, every company makes mistakes, wether i would be Mcintosch, Meyersound or any other well respected brand, it's not the fact that a mistake has happened that's important, it's important how mistakes are being dealt with. And all i concluded was that i still recommended the gear in their homeland because their service is quite examplary over there, i just couldn't recommend european buyers to make the step, yet... On top of that i actually recommend the amps to anyone on a budget, because in my case it was actually a faulty crossover in a speaker that damaged my amp, and just about any amp would've been damaged by that. Furthermore truth be told, i'm not sure if i hadn't made this post here, that the issue would've been resolved at all, so i'm quite happy of having made this thread. It's just months after that i noticed this thread exploded in a whole new dimension...

I resent it when people make such a scathing post, but then don't change the thread title when the issue is rectified.
Sure, you did state somewhere buried in this thread that your problem was taken care of by Emotiva. But you didn't change the thread title. Don't you think you should have?
It's sort of like the corrections page on the local newspaper. Someone gets a scathing article written about them, then the newspaper thinks they made things right by leaving the correction on page 30, behind the classifieds.

Domino's donÂt fall all at once, they fall one at a time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 547 Old 06-19-2013, 07:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk112000 View Post

All I’ll say re: you getting banned on the other forum is; stay away from controversy… and stay out of trouble… make sense??
My mother use to tell me nothing good ever happens past midnight. I think those words of wisdom apply here.

Are you for real? So asking about the FW update process of the UMC-200 in a respectful way is trouble? No offense but when it comes to Emotiva you have no objectivity at all. That is quite obvious by your posts here on AVS and even more so on the Lounge. Wisdom? The last thing I need is words of wisdom from you biggrin.gif.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #543 of 547 Old 06-19-2013, 07:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk112000 View Post

I resent it when people make such a scathing post, but then don't change the thread title when the issue is rectified.
Sure, you did state somewhere buried in this thread that your problem was taken care of by Emotiva. But you didn't change the thread title. Don't you think you should have?
It's sort of like the corrections page on the local newspaper. Someone gets a scathing article written about them, then the newspaper thinks they made things right by leaving the correction on page 30, behind the classifieds.

Huh? This post isn't "scathing" as well? It works both ways wouldn't you think? Didn't the OP post that his issue was resolved? So that wasn't enough you expect him to go to the Mods and ask for the thread title to be changed. Wow too much wink.gif.

Bill

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #544 of 547 Old 06-19-2013, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Bill, just forget it, even he doesn't respect Mark Rubin, the honcho moderator who already repeatedly asked people to refrain from personal attack, how do you expect him to respect anybody else?

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

post #545 of 547 Old 06-19-2013, 08:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

Bill, just forget it, even he doesn't respect Mark Rubin, the honcho moderator who already repeatedly asked people to refrain from personal attack, how do you expect him to respect anybody else?

David,

I agree that it is useless to argue with some here that are just unable to look at both sides. I just went back and read posts from the first page of this thread. Things went south with post #26 when a fellow Emotiva fan called what the OP posted was BS rolleyes.gif. If certain members would just let others have their say without the fanatical flag waving these threads would just quietly fade away. But of course that doesn't happen wink.gif.

Bill
David Susilo and xcapri79 like this.

post #546 of 547 Old 06-19-2013, 08:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

David,

I agree that it is useless to argue with some here that are just unable to look at both sides. I just went back and read posts from the first page of this thread. Things went south with post #26 when a fellow Emotiva fan called what the OP posted was BS rolleyes.gif. If certain members would just let others have their say without the fanatical flag waving these threads would just quietly fade away. But of course that doesn't happen wink.gif.

Bill
vcrpro3 and xcapri79 like this.

post #547 of 547 Old 06-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 478
time out
David Susilo likes this.

please take the high road in every post
if you see a problematic post, please do not quote it or respond to it: report it to the mods to handle
Closed Thread Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Emotiva Xpa 5 5 Channel Power Amplifier

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page