Abysmal Onkyo Integra Service - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 66 Old 12-28-2011, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I would bypass the Onkyo customer service. I bought an Onkyo in 2008 and it immediately popped one of the channels.

Perhaps I could have contacted the dealer, Abt, but I destroyed the shipping carton and the actual box. After finding out that Onkyo did not sell spare boxes, I went the authorized service route, even though they were 100 miles from my home. They have direct access to Onkyo, shielding you from frustration. They repaired it under warranty with no questions asked other than a copy of the sales receipt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 Old 12-28-2011, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDadSam View Post

I have to post a POSITIVE report on Onkyo customer service. I was having issues with my 3007, actually several over the coarse of almost 2 years. Sent in for repair 2 times, 3rd problem was with optical/toslink inputs. Tech support transferred me to customer service, and promptly sent a New 3009. I was not happy with the 3009 because the receiver was no longer bridgeable, why this feature was dropped is unknown. Called and left my phone#, and was contacted 2 hrs later by Michael Russo. I explained why the 3009 was unacceptable to me. Mr. Russo researched and found a new 3008, that is bridgeable, they promptly tested and shipped new receiver to me. My original 3007 warranty was set to expire in March of 2012.
I have no complaints & believe that customer service, especially Michael Russo, did a fantastic job in customer satisfaction, and keeping me informed by email all thru the process of replacing my 3007 receiver.

Very Happy Onkyo Customer!!!

Thanks, I called the service number and entered RUS in the company directory, and was actually able to leave a message. This is more than I accomplished in the 5-6 hours on hold in the general service queue. Ever hopeful.
post #63 of 66 Old 12-28-2011, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkeey View Post

You can still end up in a bad situation after shopping around.

Why should the dealer take a loss for a MFG problem? So you believe that a MFG should have *NO* liability for producing junk? If the MFG requires dealers to eat the costs for their crappy product, what is the incentive of carrying them as a brand?

And like I said before.....

Sorry guys, but the the dealer represents the MFG. It is still the MFGs problem.

They are the ones that select who is an autorized dealer.

If that dealer is not living up to the MFGs standard, then the MFG needs to give them the boot.

Ahh, so I guess when you shop at costco, best buy, wal-mart etc. If you buy something that ends up having problems, you go to the manufacturer? No you take it back to them and they deal with it, like any of the retail stores do. Yes if it's a few years old then maybe (other than costco, wal-mart) won't take it back and want you to deal with the manf but I've always dealt with the retail place first and can't think of any time I've had to deal with the manf directly other than an internet only company.
I dunno, maybe the states is different than Canada in that regard but if it is, suck for you guys.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #64 of 66 Old 01-14-2012, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

I finally heard from Onkyo, in response to the three email messages I left via the website. (Never heard back from on any of the phone or personal emails to Russo).

They say they are waiting for the authorized service center to send them my unserviceable unit before they send me a replacement.

Now at 2 months and counting....
post #65 of 66 Old 02-16-2012, 11:06 AM
cve

My Integra 80.1 has been at the repair center for 5-weeks now (no sound) and the HDMI board is apparently back-ordered. This is the 2nd time I've had to bring it in.
post #66 of 66 Old 02-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cve View Post

My Integra 80.1 has been at the repair center for 5-weeks now (no sound) and the HDMI board is apparently back-ordered. This is the 2nd time I've had to bring it in.

I'm really sorry to hear about that, especially since I too have an 80.1 I hope that you get it repaired quickly and permanently.

I've got some questions for you - what kind of clearance to you have above and to the sides of your 80.1? Is it mounted in an enclosed cabinet? Are you using auxilliary cooling fans? Not pointing fingers - just curious

Cheers,
SB
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page