post #31 of 33 Old 03-25-2013, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilian.ca View Post

The Onkyo AVRs do not stream video files, only audio.

If you're going to play odd resolution files like 624x352, the source will have to at least convert it to one of the standard video resolutions like 480p to be sent via HDMI.

Questions about upscaling downloaded files (and SD DVDs, TV) come up in the vp forum. The general feeling is there is so much that can be done and it can be made HD.
Dedicated vps have always been for the niche market.

The 4k in current AVRs is only for 24p, not really futureproof when it's likely to be other 4k formats and HDMI 2.0.

Yeah, true, but they probably are trying to sell it on the futureproof thing in any case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 03-26-2013, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilian.ca View Post

The Onkyo AVRs do not stream video files, only audio.
no, wait pls.

the seller(s) - i have asked in different shops- tell me that the avr will do the upscaling of the file that i send via ethernet.
they said to me, turn on the tv, the avr and the nas. broswe the content u want to see and press play.
the work that is under is: nas playing the file, avr upscaling the video and reproduce the sound with the speaker connected to it, and the tv will reproduce the video.

is this thing wrong?confused.gif
Quote:
If you're going to play odd resolution files like 624x352, the source will have to at least convert it to one of the standard video resolutions like 480p to be sent via HDMI.
and this conversion to at least 480p is not a work that the avr can do?
Quote:
Questions about upscaling downloaded files (and SD DVDs, TV) come up in the vp forum. The general feeling is there is so much that can be done and it can be made HD.
so i can calm down cause there is always a way tongue.gif

another question: if all the things that have been explained to me comes out r wrong now... if the file is at least 480p will the avr upscaling it to 1080p?if the answer is yes i repropose the question of "the marks".

tnx:)
post #33 of 33 Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melting Blaze View Post

the seller(s) - i have asked in different shops- tell me that the avr will do the upscaling of the file that i send via ethernet.
is this thing wrong?confused.gif

You can download the manual online and read for yourself. And you can ask your dealer to demonstrate it to you and see if it works. You should ask further questions in the dedicated Onkyo 818 owner's thread, as this thread isn't really for the Onkyo specific questions but a general video processing chip discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melting Blaze View Post

so i can calm down cause there is always a way tongue.gif

No, sorry for the typo, I mean it CANNOT be made HD.

Audiosceptics accept audio trials using 25 people. A recent Oxford study with over 353,000 patient records from 639 separate clinical trials shows for every 1,000 people taking diclofenac or ibuprofen there would be 3 additional heart attacks, 4 more cases of heart failure and 1 death every year.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page