HQV Vida VHD1900 Processor - Is this a Game Changer??? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 33 Old 03-25-2013, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BiggAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,225
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilian.ca View Post

The Onkyo AVRs do not stream video files, only audio.

If you're going to play odd resolution files like 624x352, the source will have to at least convert it to one of the standard video resolutions like 480p to be sent via HDMI.

Questions about upscaling downloaded files (and SD DVDs, TV) come up in the vp forum. The general feeling is there is so much that can be done and it can be made HD.
Dedicated vps have always been for the niche market.

The 4k in current AVRs is only for 24p, not really futureproof when it's likely to be other 4k formats and HDMI 2.0.

Yeah, true, but they probably are trying to sell it on the futureproof thing in any case.
BiggAW is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 33 Old 03-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Newbie
 
Melting Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilian.ca View Post

The Onkyo AVRs do not stream video files, only audio.
no, wait pls.

the seller(s) - i have asked in different shops- tell me that the avr will do the upscaling of the file that i send via ethernet.
they said to me, turn on the tv, the avr and the nas. broswe the content u want to see and press play.
the work that is under is: nas playing the file, avr upscaling the video and reproduce the sound with the speaker connected to it, and the tv will reproduce the video.

is this thing wrong?confused.gif
Quote:
If you're going to play odd resolution files like 624x352, the source will have to at least convert it to one of the standard video resolutions like 480p to be sent via HDMI.
and this conversion to at least 480p is not a work that the avr can do?
Quote:
Questions about upscaling downloaded files (and SD DVDs, TV) come up in the vp forum. The general feeling is there is so much that can be done and it can be made HD.
so i can calm down cause there is always a way tongue.gif

another question: if all the things that have been explained to me comes out r wrong now... if the file is at least 480p will the avr upscaling it to 1080p?if the answer is yes i repropose the question of "the marks".

tnx:)
Melting Blaze is offline  
post #33 of 33 Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Kilian.ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ex-50Hz, now 60Hz
Posts: 1,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melting Blaze View Post


the seller(s) - i have asked in different shops- tell me that the avr will do the upscaling of the file that i send via ethernet.
...
is this thing wrong?confused.gif

You can download the manual online and read for yourself. And you can ask your dealer to demonstrate it to you and see if it works. You should ask further questions in the dedicated Onkyo 818 owner's thread, as this thread isn't really for the Onkyo specific questions but a general video processing chip discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melting Blaze View Post

so i can calm down cause there is always a way tongue.gif

No, sorry for the typo, I mean it CANNOT be made HD.

Audiosceptics accept audio trials using 25 people. A recent Oxford study with over 353,000 patient records from 639 separate clinical trials shows for every 1,000 people taking diclofenac or ibuprofen there would be 3 additional heart attacks, 4 more cases of heart failure and 1 death every year.

Kilian.ca is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off