Looking for help on the best possible connection. Having trouble getting all the pieces to play nice.
Right now I have:
1. cable box hdmi OUT going to receiver's IN
2. receiver hdmi OUT to plasma tv's IN
3. hddvd (lost that gamble!) going hdmi OUT to receiver's IN
4. hddvd optical OUT to receiver's IN
5. receiver digital coax OUT to tv's IN
5. wii component OUT to tv's IN
All works awesome (5.1 sound). But...
I got a blu-ray for xmas. Unhooked hdmi from hddvd and plugged into blu-ray. Get video, but no audio (307 is pass-thru only). So duh. But, problem is that blu-ray doesn't have optical out, all it has is coax out. I don't have another coax IN available on receiver. I still want great sound and picture.
I tried connecting the blu-ray to the tv via HDMI (has 2 ports) IN, but confused about audio. Would connecting coax OUT on blu-ray to tv's coax IN fix this mess? Or would there be quality loss (audio or video)? Or is there a better way to connect this so I can still go through the receiver? TV has oodles of ports (except optical). Receiver has 3 HDMI in/1 out, 2 optical, 1 coax out.
Thanks for any advice :0)