STR-DH820 analog audio problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-27-2011, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yesterday I just purchased the STR-DH820 receiver. I don't have speakers for it yet, so i set the audio output to tv + amp. My tv is connected to my old Philips home theater in a box via optical cable to Xantech optical to coaxial converter, then through coax cable to my Philips (doesn't have optical input). I have a Panasonic DMP-BD65 blu ray player, PS3, and Wii hooked up to the STR-DH820. The two HDMI connected devices work fine, but the problem is, there is picture, but no audio signal from the Wii, is connected to the SAT/CATV component in and audio in terminals. I set the input mode to analog, and assigned analog to the the input, but whenever I select the input, no sound. Why is this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-27-2011, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Hi Ninjadude973, see page 24 in OM.

Quote:

• Analog video signals input to the receiver’s
VIDEO jack or COMPONENT VIDEO
jacks can be output as HDMI signals (page
31). Audio signals are not output from an
HDMI TV OUT jack while the image is
converted.

A suggested option Wii2HDMI.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-28-2011, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

Wow thanks I can't believe I missed that! Then again that whole section of HDMI is just a nightmare to scan through. Also, I have questions regarding the phones jack, ipod/iphone dock, and fm/am antennae. First off, no audio is output from the dock, or antennae. I'm assuming the same situation with the Wii applies here? And as for the phones jack... is that for a specific type of headphones? Because I know it doesn't work with 3.5 mm connectors you'd find on earphones for an ipod or phone.
(Also just a side note, it's a shame this receiver has no 3.5 mm audio input jack, so I can't play back music from my Droid 3
post #4 of 6 Old 12-28-2011, 04:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 122
^^ Try a cable with a 3.5mm plug on one end and analog stereo jacks on the other end.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-22-2012, 11:16 AM

As for playing audio from your DROID 3, have you tried connecting a data cable from the front USB to your phone? The manual says that it can control an iPhone or other Sony devices. I'm guessing that you may be able to play files from your DROID so long as your file structure is simple enough.

If this doesn't work, you can always get something like these Mobile 3.5mm to RCA Audio Cables.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-02-2012, 05:35 PM

I finally got around to connecting my Samsung Galaxy S III to this receiver via a data cable. The receiver says something like "incompatible device." But on the plus side, the receiver will charge my phone...

Now I wonder if charging it via USB while connecting to analog inputs via a cable like I previously mentioned sets up a ground loop hum...

Sent from my Blue 32 Verizon SGSIII using Tapatalk 2

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page