Need receiver recommendation for 2.1 setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-02-2012, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for recommendations for a 2.1 receiver for my computer. This is a little odd I know. This will be exclusively used for my computer for music, gaming, and some streaming media(UFC live streaming, Youtube, etc..); no movies or movie services. Neither of the two computer monitors will be hooked into the receiver, don't want even the slightest delay. Normally you could say any receiver would do but not for the speakers I am using. I'm going to be running the Wilson Benesch Arc's for this. I was originally going to swap over my Pioneer VSX-1120 and buy a new Anthem MRX-300 for my HT which consists of the Paradigm Studio 60's v5, Paradigm CC-590 v5, and Emotiva Sub10 but if I can save some money that would make me happy. It also needs to have the option of being able to hook up an amp to it. Does not need to be wireless. If I could, I would really like to spend under a grand, if not I will just buy the Anthem and do the swap. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-03-2012, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
you might want to look at 2 ch. receivers or integrated amps from Marantz, Cambridge Audio, NAD. You should also think of how you will feed it ... Toslink/spidf or analog.

The lazy man finds the easiest way ... Ben Franklin
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page