post #31 of 31 Old 01-20-2012, 09:39 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosd View Post

Yeah, I tried the Magnolia visit. Unfortunately, the closest one, the listening room was a cluster... (maybe I better say) "somewhat dysfunctional" Half of the receivers only had one channel connected. Another good portion, including the SR6006 weren't connected at all. The sales goofs seemed to not care and had very little product knowledge. There are several BB stores in town, I guess I should check if another one has a Magnolia, hopefully in better condition and try try again!

Note that they you will not be able to experience the benefit of Audyssey as they will not have set that up (ie. once inside your home, Audyssey should do an even better job with your speaker setup).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosd View Post

Can we assume that will likely be a new 7006 on the horizon? That would screw up my selection process and budget!

Not at all ... although I'm not in the Marantz loop like I am in the Denon loop. Any new model releases for either Denon or Marantz should be coming out sometime in April with new products to be released shortly thereafter. I can say that the new Denon Product Development Manager came from the Marantz side.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr3312ci Receiver , Marantz Sr6006 Av Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page