Pioneer VSX-1021-K No Subwoofer in Stereo - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 04-03-2014, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
@ Duc135- I have a VSX-1021. I've ruled out the sub is working. I hooked it up to another receiver and I get output. I have not measured for output voltage because I verified the sub works. Pure direct is not on. I've tried bluray, music, and games- all things that output sub woofer bass in the past. The receiver has been working flawless for two years. During the "sytem speaker test" the receiver sees the sub, but when the system tests the sub, no sound is output.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 07-22-2014, 05:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi Guys,

Some info too please!! I have a VSX923K No sound from subwoofer!!!
Tried everthing ive seen here but no avail. Fronts set to SMALL sub to yes and also fronts to LARGE and sub to PLUS but nothing. Cant even hear it on calibration test.
How do i set the LFE Attenuate i cant seem to find the setting in set up?
I have it connected via the sub pre out with 1 RCA to RCA Connections on the sub low level input x2

Any more advise PLEASE!!!!
post #33 of 34 Old 07-22-2014, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Have you validated that your subwoofer actually works? Which subwoofer output are you connecting to? I'm not sure if they are distinct outputs or not, but if you only have one it should be connected to SW1. Did you run MCACC setup? Maybe the gain on your sub amp is set too low?
post #34 of 34 Old 07-22-2014, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I had a VSX-1021k for years and had this issue for a while. It took me a while to figure out the ins and out of the receiver but there are a couple solutions. Here is what I would recommend:

1.Run MCACC. When it completes you will need to make some manual adjustments.
2.Change front channels to Small and Sub to Yes, OR front channels to Large and Sub to Plus
3.Set crossover to 80.
4.Check speaker level. Possibly increase the sub level.
5.Make sure your listening mode is NOT Pure Direct or Direct. Flip through several options until you hear what you want.

At one point the bass went out after all of these steps. The default pioneer warranty is pretty good. I took my proof of purchase to an authorized pioneer repair shop who told me that basically my LFE out had shorted out because of a bad contact inside the receiver. Two days later it was back in my home and working perfectly. Hasn't has an issue since. Hope this helps!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page