Yamaha receiver subwoofer volume very low - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 06-20-2014, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Seems like I remember reading that the problem was solved by setting your main speakers to SMALL regardless of what they actually might be. I don't own a Yamaha but think I read this somewhere. ???

Hope it helps!

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 06-20-2014, 08:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Interesting idea, but that would not explain the fact that the OP says the test tones don't play correctly. The test tones should put out a signal that's independent of the speaker setting.

That's why an SPL meter is useful, to ensure all is correct with the YPAO setup. But if I understand the OP, it's obvious the sub channel is very quiet when the test tones play

"But this one goes up to 11"
post #33 of 35 Old 06-21-2014, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post
Seems like I remember reading that the problem was solved by setting your main speakers to SMALL regardless of what they actually might be. I don't own a Yamaha but think I read this somewhere. ???
Thank you Ed & Michael. I did set the speakers to Small. Did a sub crawl and ¨placed it in a better place, ran YPAO again, it set speakers to large, sub level at +6db, speakers around 0db, cross-ver 40hz, extra bass on. you can feel it vibrating, albeit for net radio the bass isn't too loud, and if i turn the gain up (currenltly below half) it sounds what i guess you call "boomy".
Now I set speakers to small again, crossover at 80, will try it on a movie tonight... on the test tones however it gives all but the faintest rumble, barely hearable, well below the other speakers. I think there's still something wrong, doesn't seem normal to have to run it at +6db with meager results.
post #34 of 35 Old 06-21-2014, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Sorry my suggestion didn't appear to help. I've been very tempted by the Yamaha 675 to replace my perfectly functioning Onkyo 609--only because all of the reported HDMI board failures have made me paranoid and the 675 is currently available for such a great price.
Hope you get it figured out!

Ed
post #35 of 35 Old 11-20-2014, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,

Same issue with me!

Yamaha rx-v375, q acoustics 2020i speakers and svs pb-2000 subwoofer.
On the receiver: subwoofer set to on; all speakers set to small, crossover 80hz; phase normal (but also tried reverse); levels set to zero.
On the sub: Volume set to half, fase 0, crossover set to maximum (LFE).

With the previous settings I can barely hear the sub. If I turn sub volume to maximum and receiver sub level to +10db. The sub plays ok... not loud and not even good enough. I'm testing the sub on a small living room (4m x 3m / 13ft x 10ft) with almost no windows.

Connected the sub to a media player (600X3D) analog out with red and white RCA from the media player to R and L on the sub and the result was great... I am starting to think that there is some issue with the yamaha receivers with some subs....

Any help?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page