Zone 2 issues with Integra DTR 7.8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-12-2012, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Nobody has been in the Official Integra DTR 7.8 thread for a long time so posting here. I'm having Zone 2 and Back Surround issues and was wanting some input. I run a 5.1 system in my theater area in my basement. I recently built a new bar area in my basement and am trying to run two speakers in that area as Zone 2. I have a cd player hooked up to the analog in on the receiver and when I follow the instructions for turning on Zone 2 and choosing an input the receiver shuts down immediately as soon as it gets to the matching analog input. It goes into standby mode with the standby mode indicator light flashing red. I know my Zone 2 speakers work as I hooked them up as my front L and R in my theater setup to test them. After pulling my hair out I decided to hook up my bar speakers as back surround L and R figuring I could just run all channels stereo when I wanted music in the bar area. So I enabled the two back surrounds and tried setting the levels using the pink noise test tone and I could not get any pink noise to the speakers as back L and R surrounds. When I scrolled to those speakers on the test tone menu there was no sound at all. I lost my original Integra 7.8 to a flood last summer and bought the one I currently have off ebay so I guess anything is possible as far as things not working properly. The only thing I can think of doing at this point is buying a separate two channel amp and running the pre-outs to it for my Zone 2 bar area speakers. I have yet to try a system reset. May try that tonight. Suggestions?

DANger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-12-2012, 09:28 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
Do the system reset and if still no joy, apparently you bought a defective AVR.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 5 Old 01-14-2012, 07:39 AM

Liked: 10
Make sure the volume for zone 2 is not turned up too high. It could cause the receiver to go into protection mode. If the bar speakers work when hooked up to a different channel on the receiver, it is possible the 6th and 7th channels are no longer working. It is odd that the receiver will shut down when you try to use zone 2 but it does not shut down when you run the tones to the surround backs. I assume you swapped the location of the speaker wire from Z2 to SB.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-17-2012, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 16
Everything was checked and re-checked and double checked and checked again. I then did a system reset to no avail. Then I unplugged the receiver for a while and tried again to no avail. No Zone 2 or back surrounds. Doesn't really surprise me all that much considering how the receiver was packed from the ebay seller. No packing material of any kind. Just dropped into a box. Too much time has passed now to send back. Guess I should have checked everything I could once I received it. Looks like I'll be getting a two channel amp for Zone 2. Will run the Integra Zone 2 amp preout into my headphone amp first to make sure it works.

DANger
post #5 of 5 Old 10-26-2012, 07:37 PM

Liked: 10
I had a similar problem and found my zone 2 volume was all the way up to the max. so the reciever thankfully went into protection mode. zone2 volume controls are tiny up/dn buttons to the left and not the main volue control - tricky if you are looking at the back of the unit and adjusting the front by feel.

zone 2 without a separate amp steals two of the speakers so 7.1 becomes 5.1 and 9.1 becomes 7.1
Another zone2 thingy is that the subwoofer preout is not i guess as they say "eqed" - it get's full range audio
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page