Integra B-Stock - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-13-2012, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi guys, I am a new poster to this forum, however been reading through post for years! I love your site.
Anyhow, I am in the market for a new AVR. Looking for something budget friendly, only need 5.1 however 7.1 looks nice for a zone 2 output, and would like to get something with Pandora and DLNA capabilities.
I was at the local store to play with current models. I have pretty much only considered Yamaha, Onkyo, or Dennon. The store introduced me to Integra, supposedly a higher end Onkyo--please correct me if that is incorrect.
They are also selling Integra B-stock. I am always nervous about buying something that is "factory refurbished" as the box says. But the B-stock Integra comes with a full 2 year warranty.
Does anyone have any experience with the Integra B-stock?? They are selling a 30.3 for $250 off retail, so the price is right but refurb makes me nervous.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-13-2012, 07:56 AM
TD2

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My neighbor bought a B stock Integra DTR-6.9. It has worked perfectly. He's got the HDMI inputs maxed out plus two component inputs. He's never had a handshake issue. The thing just works. Perhaps he was lucky?
post #3 of 7 Old 01-14-2012, 07:30 AM

I have a DRT-7.8 b-stock. I could not pass up the deal. The front panel display stopped working after about 3 years. Everything else still works. However I would pass on any b-stock disc players.
post #4 of 7 Old 01-14-2012, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Are there any reputable online dealers that sell warrantied refurbs/B-stock Integra gear or is it solely through local dealers.

I am contemplating on entering the world of separates and either the 80.2/3 seem to be great fit for my needs but not my wallet. ;}

Best Regards
KvE

Politics is like a corral, no matter where you are you'll always be shovelling it.

post #5 of 7 Old 01-14-2012, 08:11 AM

First of all, Intera is a good company and it is a part of Onkyo now. I have a B-stock Integra DHC 80.2 wich came with a 2-year warranty and am very happy with it.
The warranty for an A-stock Integra is for 3 years actually. But their B versions have a standard 2 year warranty and whch is fair in my opinion.

I would recommend you to try it to see if you like it. Assuming the store is near your place, it won't be easy to do any service work with them should there be any problem with the unit. It would be nice to ask if you can return it if you don't like it within 30 days or so. It doesn't cost anything to ask that question.

Hope this helps you.

Best regards,
Michaelmorio
post #6 of 7 Old 01-14-2012, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidpickle View Post

Hi guys, I am a new poster to this forum, however been reading through post for years! I love your site.
Anyhow, I am in the market for a new AVR. Looking for something budget friendly, only need 5.1 however 7.1 looks nice for a zone 2 output, and would like to get something with Pandora and DLNA capabilities.
I was at the local store to play with current models. I have pretty much only considered Yamaha, Onkyo, or Dennon. The store introduced me to Integra, supposedly a higher end Onkyo--please correct me if that is incorrect.
They are also selling Integra B-stock. I am always nervous about buying something that is "factory refurbished" as the box says. But the B-stock Integra comes with a full 2 year warranty.
Does anyone have any experience with the Integra B-stock?? They are selling a 30.3 for $250 off retail, so the price is right but refurb makes me nervous.
Any feedback is appreciated.

There is no such thing a supposed! Integra is a good receiver (I have the 40.2) But $250 off retail? You should be getting that for a new one imho. I got my 40.2 for $200 off retail. Maybe I'm wrong and someone can correct me. See if you can get a deal on a new one for around that dollar point. Check out the Blu Ray.com forums for a more extensive discussion on the Integra line.

Jeff
post #7 of 7 Old 01-21-2013, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just upgraded my speakers to the Paradigm Studio 100v5 and my dealer whom I have been buying from since 2002 discussed the B-Stock for the DHC-80.3 for about $900.00 off list, to me it was too good a deal to pass up, He is an authorized Integra Dealer, so its good I was able to find this information in the forum. I am ok with a 2 year warranty as I tend to upgrade about every two years.

My Current Setup:
Integra DHC-80.3 Pre / Parasound Halo A51 / Parasound Halo A21
Rest in Flux....
Marantz UD7007 Blu-Ray Player
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page