Denon 2112 - Anything better for the price range? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 01-22-2012, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
ditrasetman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good evening.

I recently purchased a Denon 1912 for $549, a few days later I saw that the 2112ci went on sale at Best Buy for the same price (normally it is $649), so I was able to return my Denon 1912 and get the 2112ci for no extra money. So, now that I have the Denon 2112, is there anything else that I should have bought instead that is better for the same price, or a similar price, that will give me extra features? I really only plan on using the airplay and the multizone features. For example, what about the pioneer vsx 50 and 51?
ditrasetman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 01-23-2012, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
ditrasetman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone? Or should I stick with what I got.
ditrasetman is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 01-23-2012, 01:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
ccotenj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: the toxic waste dumps of new jersey
Posts: 21,915
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 89
^^^

return and get 2112...

see the following link for why...

click me

- chris

 

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ccotenj is offline  
post #4 of 9 Old 01-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Member
 
wingman1659's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would definitely check out the Onkyo TX-NR709.
wingman1659 is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 01-23-2012, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mjpearce023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Little Rock
Posts: 2,489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditrasetman View Post

Good evening.

I recently purchased a Denon 1912 for $549, a few days later I saw that the 2112ci went on sale at Best Buy for the same price (normally it is $649), so I was able to return my Denon 1912 and get the 2112ci for no extra money. So, now that I have the Denon 2112, is there anything else that I should have bought instead that is better for the same price, or a similar price, that will give me extra features? I really only plan on using the airplay and the multizone features. For example, what about the pioneer vsx 50 and 51?

Best Buy prices are higher than what you can find online. I am big fan of Audyssey so my top pick is always the 2112 and then for 100 more the 709. Really you should be able to find the 709 for the same price you got the 1912. I prefer Denon over Onkyo right now just because of the quality control Onkyo had for last few years but I think the 09 series has been an improvement. Really the 709 has a lot more features than the 2112 so it's probably worth the extra doe if Onkyo has made them more reliable.
The VSX 50 and 51 are about the same as the 1021. You can get the 1121 pretty cheap online as well and it is basically the 52 without the 12v trigger. I personally think Pioneer is at a disadvantage because of MCACC not being able to eq a subwoofer but some people really like MCACC so I guess it just depends on your system.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mjpearce023 is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 01-23-2012, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rnatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 85
The 2112 would be my pick unless the 709 has features you need.
rnatalli is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 01-23-2012, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
ditrasetman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpearce023 View Post

Best Buy prices are higher than what you can find online. I am big fan of Audyssey so my top pick is always the 2112 and then for 100 more the 709. Really you should be able to find the 709 for the same price you got the 1912. I prefer Denon over Onkyo right now just because of the quality control Onkyo had for last few years but I think the 09 series has been an improvement. Really the 709 has a lot more features than the 2112 so it's probably worth the extra doe if Onkyo has made them more reliable.
The VSX 50 and 51 are about the same as the 1021. You can get the 1121 pretty cheap online as well and it is basically the 52 without the 12v trigger. I personally think Pioneer is at a disadvantage because of MCACC not being able to eq a subwoofer but some people really like MCACC so I guess it just depends on your system.

So are you saying to keep the 2112, spring the extra $100 for the 709, or jump to a Pioneer model? Really, I am not quite sure what all of these features will add to my experience. I only watch appletv, directv and 3d blu ray.
ditrasetman is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 01-23-2012, 09:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mjpearce023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Little Rock
Posts: 2,489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditrasetman View Post


So are you saying to keep the 2112, spring the extra $100 for the 709, or jump to a Pioneer model? Really, I am not quite sure what all of these features will add to my experience. I only watch appletv, directv and 3d blu ray.

If you like the 2112 then I would just keep it. The biggest advantage with the 709 is the preamp outputs but if you don't have any plans to add an amp then you're good with the 2112. You could probably find the 2112 for around 100 cheaper online if you want to save some money but it maybe more trouble than it's worth.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mjpearce023 is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 01-23-2012, 10:39 PM
 
runnin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Ditto. At this point you've got a solid receiver in hand, and Onkyo has some really lousy customer service should you ever need it. Denon is much better.
runnin' is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off