Setting up a Yamaha RX-A810 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-23-2012, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm not getting the surround experience I feel I should be getting with my system. I know there are a slew of variables involved, but I'm hoping some general nudges in the right direction will help. I have the Yamaha RX-A810 receiver connected to 2 Klipsch F-30 mains, 2 Klipsch S-20 surrounds and a Klipsch C-20 center channel (subwoofer will be the next purchase). I am using the Sony BDP-S780 as my source.

As an example, I played 2012 and the sound seemed tinny and the sound from the surrounds was very "soft". Then I played TRON Legacy and got much more bass, but the surrounds still seemed quieter than I expected. If I do nothing in the way of settings, will the Blu-ray player and receiver "talk" to each other via HDMI and make the proper codec settings or, for instance, do I need to go into the Blu-ray disc menu and select an appropriate setting for my system (e.g. 5.1 vs 2.0)? While many probably prefer a flat response setting (no EQ) I am wondering if way to "dial in" EQ for my particular room. There are so many settings that I'm not sure where to start. Perhaps a calibration disc is the answer?

I'm confident that the receiver and speakers are of a quality to produce great sound, I just need to get pointed in the right direction as to how to achieve it.

Thanks,
Jeff
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx A810bl Receiver
Gear in this thread - A810bl by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page