Marantz SR4003 Input Setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-01-2012, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am taking the (audio only) digital output of my TV from the coax connection, and putting it into the Digital Input 2 of the SR.

Question: which input should I use. The CD/R input is already used by the CD player. I would like to use the TV input, but that seems to be analog only.

Next Question: How do I set this up. The manual is not clear on how to do this without the OnScreenDisplay. I have been trying to use the menu and setup buttons on the unit front panel, but the sequence of button pushing eludes me. Is there a pub that explains. It's not in the manual. I have found no other online.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-01-2012, 11:23 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 1318
If you are using a digital coax connection (rather than optical) then you would plug the cable into one of the digital coax inputs labeled either (3) or (4). Then follow the INPUT SETUP instructions on p. 21 in your Owner's manual to assign either DIG 3 or DIG 4 to the TV source name. If you are using an optical connection and have the optical cable plugged into DIG 2 then assign DIG 2 to TV.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 02-02-2012, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you very much. I guess I did know what I was doing, but I must be a little blind. I thought the number label near the coax connector read 2. A closer second look with a flashlight showed the 3. When I used 3, it worked fine.

Thanks again!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page