Questions NAD T747 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-03-2012, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Guys,

I placed this question also in the official NAD T747 owner thread, but since I got no answers till sofar, I am trying it here also. I live in The Netherlands and I have found this great thread! Thank you for all the great info I found here. I almost pulled the trigger on buying a NAD T747. I do this as an upgrade, at the moment I use a HK AVR 335, but I reckon the NAD will give a better sound. I am not quite satisfied with the stereo/SACD sound of the Harman Kardon and the power.

So the main purpose is upgrading in sound, especially in stereo/SACD. I want to hear this in the stereo direct mode, bypassing all DSP settings.

I use my AVR much as stereo amplifier. I also have a collection of multichannel SACD's.

My configuration is as follows:

Speaker set-up: two Innfinity Beta 50's as front, a Infinity C360 as center, a Infinity sub and infinity satelites.

As two channel (SA) CD player: A Marantz SA 7001 KI
As DVD/SAVD player: an OPPO 981 HD
As digital decoder: an Humax 5050C pvr

I like multichannel SACD a lot. Now I am a bit confused how to connect my OPPO PLayer.
At this moment I connected it as follows:

HDMI output: upscaled to 1080p and directly connected to my Samsung LED TV. workts great!

SACD output: 6 analog cables connected to the analog input of the receiver
DVD (Dolby/DTS) sound: digital coax.

I would like to configure the NAD T747 as follows:

OPPO player:
6 audioconnections for multichannel SACD, connected to the analog audio inputs of the NAD T747, no DSP
1 coax connection for DVD's
HDMI directly to Samsung TV

MARANTZ (SA)CD player: one analog L/R connection, stereo direct, no DSP

HUMAX: 1 coax connection for Dolby Prologic sound when watching digital cable TV, HDMI to NAD or TV, not sure yet.

Future option:
A Logitech touchscreen, for listening to Spotify (audio-streaming), analog connected, stereo direct, no DSP

The HUMAX and OPPO have both HDMI outputs, not sure if I want to connect them directly to my SAMSUNG LED TV or via NAD T747

Am I seeing this right and is all this possible with the NAD T747?

I also try to compare power ratings of my current Harman Kardon and the NAD T747, but there are many ways of rating power, making it difficult to compare.
The manual of my Harman Kardon says:
Stereo mode: 70W per channel FTC
5/7 surround mode: 55W per channel FTC

How does this compare to the NAD T747? (my speakers have a nominal impedance of 8 ohm)

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-03-2012, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 83
The NAD is rated with all channels driven. So power wise it seems that you are good to go. It would also seem that the way you want to connect will work also. I started to get one of the NAD's but decided on the H/K 7550HD instead. You may want to pm member bommai about what you want to do. He was using a H/K 745 for quite a while and switched over to NAD and loves the move. PM him and get some help. He would be glad to help out. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-04-2012, 12:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok Thanks!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page