Suggestions for a receiver to power Energy RC-Micro speakers? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-05-2012, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been looking to upgrade the sound quality in my living room so it's better than the speakers my TV comes with. A 5.1 system isn't possible, so I plan on sticking to a 3.1. I've been contemplating whether to go with the Energy RC-Micro 5.1 speaker system or the Energy Take Classic 5.1, and as of now I think I'll go with the Micros (if anyone wants to comment on this choice, feel free; I plan on putting the extra two satellites to use as well).

Whichever one I choose, the needs for a receiver should be the same since the specs are so similar, and that's the main question I want to ask. I need a small receiver, as space is an issue. Someone pointed me to the Marantz NR1402, which seems fairly small, but is there a cheaper one that's just as small and will work just as well? It seems like it wouldn't take much to power these speakers. Also, I wouldn't mind it being slightly bigger if it had a blu-ray player built in, as that would allow me to take out the player I already have, opening up more space. This feature isn't a necessity, I just thought I'd mention it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-06-2012, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

No one has any suggestions?
post #3 of 5 Old 02-06-2012, 12:42 PM

Uh, a receiver with a built in blu-ray player, Are you talking about those htib deals?
post #4 of 5 Old 02-06-2012, 12:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Good receivers generally dont come with built in blu ray players. Maybe the cheap HTIB systems do but the quality of those isn't nearly as good as good as a standalone receiver.

Are the Takes as large as you want to go for speakers?

Afro GT
post #5 of 5 Old 02-06-2012, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

Good receivers generally dont come with built in blu ray players. Maybe the cheap HTIB systems do but the quality of those isn't nearly as good as good as a standalone receiver.

Are the Takes as large as you want to go for speakers?

Eh, I thought it was worth mentioning. I've seen them around, so it was worth the suggestion. I think I'm just going to go with the Marantz receiver; it seems very capable while still having a small footprint.

As for the speakers, my mind's pretty much made up. It's the living room, meaning it's used for casual TV-watching and the occasional mindless movie, so sound doesn't have to be fantastic, just better than what my TV's currently offering. That, and the wife doesn't want obtrusive speakers in the living room she worked so hard to decorate, so the Takes will have to do. They should be good for that purpose. I have my monster Klipsch towers in the basement, so I'm happy .
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page