Pioneer receivers 2012 - VSX-xx22 / SC-xx22 / Elite VSX-6x / Elite SC-6x - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 238 Old 04-03-2012, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. panda View Post

Hello,

I was looking into purchasing the VSX-53 but am interested to know more about the 2012 model.

I was told today that it might have some audio upgrades.

Just assumed it would have more bells and whistles that I do not need.

But SQ is extreamly important to me.

The replacement model I have found is VSX-2012.
Think this is either a joke or I need new glasses or both.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thank you

Looking at specs of the newly announced AVRs you`ll be definitely more than good with current VSX-2021/VSX-LX55...assuming you`re in EU or elsewhere as these are EU/Asia/Australia models...
if you`re in the US, the VSX-1121 or Elites VSX-52/53 are still the best choice, if you don`t fancy paying 1200-1500 USD for Class-D SC Line amps...

the 2012 Pio AVRs announced so far certainly look like a downgrade from aforementioned...
the 2011 models definitely take their part, they`re robust, heavy and sound excellent...

I can`t really imagine any possible audio upgrade when Elite VSX-60 is more than 8 pounds!!! lighter than last year`s VSX-1121 and they dropped THX certification and 150 USD on the price

There, however, might be announced "real" VSX-1121 successor eventually, in my opinion...keeping on with such a strange model numbering, it`ll probably be "VSX-12.."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 238 Old 04-03-2012, 09:15 PM

Liked: 10
Thank you very much.

This is extreamly good information.

The model numbers are different in Europe.
So I had no idea that these models were simular at all.

I mentioned the Elite 53 to someone in the UK who deals in home cinima.
He does not know about the Elite line.
But likes what they have in the UK very much.

Did not know if the VSX-53 even had the class D amplication at all.
Another question that I was going to ask.

Spoke to Magnolia Hi Fi today and they told me about the audio upgrades.
Seems like they were wrong.
What else is new?

From what you are telling me,

the current VSX-53 will be a better product for me.

Am going to check out the Eur. models you have mentioned.

Really thought they were below the the Elite range.

Most appreciated,
post #63 of 238 Old 04-04-2012, 12:45 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. panda View Post

Did not know if the VSX-53 even had the class D amplication at all.

That's not true only the SC-LX/SC models are Class-D.

TV: Panasonic TX-P50VT30E
Audio | Receiver: Pioneer VSX-AX2AS-S (Pioneer Elite VSX-82TXS) | Speakers: 2x KEF Q900 for Fronts | 2x KEF Q700 for Rears
Audio/Video Sources | Panasonic DMP-BDT 310 | Pioneer PL-510 | HTPC using Intel i3-3220 16GB XBMC on Ubuntu 13.10
post #64 of 238 Old 04-04-2012, 08:27 AM

Liked: 15
Pioneer Expands Feature Sets In 2 Elite AVRs
By Joseph Palenchar -- TWICE, 4/3/2012
Long Beach, Calif. - Pioneer shipped the first two A/V receivers (AVRs) in its 2012 Elite series and brought networking, Internet radio, Apple AirPlay and other features down to the series' opening price point for the first time.

The opening-price model is the $450-everday 7.1-channel VSX-42, which is being joined by the $650 7.2-channel VSX-60. The latter replaces two models priced at $600 and $700.

In last year's Elite series, the opening price point for an AVR was also an everyday $450, but the starting price for an AVR with DLNA 1.5-certified networking, Windows 7 networking, vTuner Internet radio and AirPlay was $600.

Also new at the $450 price point this year is remote control via an iPod/iPhone and Android app.

In other Elite AVR changes, Pioneer is starting Stream Smoother technology at $650, down from $900. The technology improves the picture quality of compressed video streamed from the Internet through such sources as connected Blu-ray players. The company is also starting the Pandora, Rhapsody and the SiriusXM streaming services at $650, down from last year's $900.

And Pioneer Elite brought down the opening price of Virtual Modes to $650 from $900. Virtual Modes adds virtual height channels, surround-back channels, depth channels, and new front-wide channels without adding speakers. Depth channels are designed for 2.1 systems, and the height, surround-back, and front-wide channels can be applied simultaneously to a 5.1-channel system to create up to an 11.1-channel soundfield, the company said.

Both new models also feature streaming of 192kHz/24-Bit FLAC and WAV files from a networked device or USB-connected device. That feature wasn't available at $450 in last year's Elite line.

Both models also feature connection to an optional $99 stereo-Bluetooth adapter, Sound Retriever Air technology to improve the quality of Bluetooth-streamed music, and front-panel iPod/iPhone/iPad-certified USB port.

The $450 8x70-watt VSX-42 can be controlled remotely from a free ControlApp loaded on Apple and Android mobile devices. The Controls App controls such functions as AVR on/off, volume, sound modes, and ability to select Internet radio stations, Pandora content, and networked-PC music. The $650 AVR's iControlAV2012 app adds control of 18 DSP sound settings, Virtual Modes, second-zone analog-audio audio and second-zone volume.

The VSX-42 also features IP control, 12-volt trigger and IR in/outs.

Compared to the VSX-42, the $650 VSX-60 adds 7x90-watt amp, RS-232 port, optional Wi-Fi Ethernet-port adapter, four virtual speaker modes, a more advanced form of room calibration/correction compared to the VSX-42, and Advanced Video Adjust. The latter optimizes video settings individually for each connected video source and optimizes the video output for plasma, LCD or front-projector display technologies.

Compared to the VSX-42, the VSX-60 also Auto Sound Retriever compressed-music enhancer to a TV's HDMI audio-return channel. The VSX-60 also adds networked audio, including AirPlay audio, to the second-zone output. Another VSX-60 step-up feature is Phase Control Plus, which delays the output of the main channels from 0-16 milliseconds to match subwoofer-output timing.

The VSX-45 features six HDMI 1.4a inputs and one 1.4a output with audio return channel. The VSX-60 adds a front-panel HDMI 1.4a input.
post #65 of 238 Old 04-04-2012, 05:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwinroad View Post

Pioneer Expands Feature Sets In 2 Elite AVRs
By Joseph Palenchar -- TWICE, 4/3/2012
Long Beach, Calif. - Pioneer shipped the first two A/V receivers (AVRs) in its 2012 Elite series and brought networking, Internet radio, Apple AirPlay and other features down to the series' opening price point for the first time.

The opening-price model is the $450-everday 7.1-channel VSX-42, which is being joined by the $650 7.2-channel VSX-60. The latter replaces two models priced at $600 and $700.

In last year's Elite series, the opening price point for an AVR was also an everyday $450, but the starting price for an AVR with DLNA 1.5-certified networking, Windows 7 networking, vTuner Internet radio and AirPlay was $600.

Also new at the $450 price point this year is remote control via an iPod/iPhone and Android app.

In other Elite AVR changes, Pioneer is starting Stream Smoother technology at $650, down from $900. The technology improves the picture quality of compressed video streamed from the Internet through such sources as connected Blu-ray players. The company is also starting the Pandora, Rhapsody and the SiriusXM streaming services at $650, down from last year's $900.

And Pioneer Elite brought down the opening price of Virtual Modes to $650 from $900. Virtual Modes adds virtual height channels, surround-back channels, depth channels, and new front-wide channels without adding speakers. Depth channels are designed for 2.1 systems, and the height, surround-back, and front-wide channels can be applied simultaneously to a 5.1-channel system to create up to an 11.1-channel soundfield, the company said.

Both new models also feature streaming of 192kHz/24-Bit FLAC and WAV files from a networked device or USB-connected device. That feature wasn't available at $450 in last year's Elite line.

Both models also feature connection to an optional $99 stereo-Bluetooth adapter, Sound Retriever Air technology to improve the quality of Bluetooth-streamed music, and front-panel iPod/iPhone/iPad-certified USB port.

The $450 8x70-watt VSX-42 can be controlled remotely from a free ControlApp loaded on Apple and Android mobile devices. The Controls App controls such functions as AVR on/off, volume, sound modes, and ability to select Internet radio stations, Pandora content, and networked-PC music. The $650 AVR's iControlAV2012 app adds control of 18 DSP sound settings, Virtual Modes, second-zone analog-audio audio and second-zone volume.

The VSX-42 also features IP control, 12-volt trigger and IR in/outs.

Compared to the VSX-42, the $650 VSX-60 adds 7x90-watt amp, RS-232 port, optional Wi-Fi Ethernet-port adapter, four virtual speaker modes, a more advanced form of room calibration/correction compared to the VSX-42, and Advanced Video Adjust. The latter optimizes video settings individually for each connected video source and optimizes the video output for plasma, LCD or front-projector display technologies.

Compared to the VSX-42, the VSX-60 also Auto Sound Retriever compressed-music enhancer to a TV's HDMI audio-return channel. The VSX-60 also adds networked audio, including AirPlay audio, to the second-zone output. Another VSX-60 step-up feature is Phase Control Plus, which delays the output of the main channels from 0-16 milliseconds to match subwoofer-output timing.

The VSX-45 features six HDMI 1.4a inputs and one 1.4a output with audio return channel. The VSX-60 adds a front-panel HDMI 1.4a input.

Wow--that makes me wonder how much is being added to the SC series, which don't look as good a buy unless you're in need of higher wattage above the VSX-60, have more than 7 physical channels, and Class D amps. They're also going to risk being outclassed by the new Onkyo 818, with Qdeo upscaling up to 4K, XT32 room correction, and THX Select 2, but also higher wattage on paper, plus MSRP midway between the VSX-60 and the SC 55. Denon may have some real issues with the 4311/4810 successor in the mass market as well, unless the higher-end AVRs are aimed primarily at the 9.2 or 11.2 crowd.

Stuart

Denon 4311 with XT32 and Audyssey Pro

Oppo 93 and 103

Panasonic VT50

Sherwood R-972 with its version of the Trinnov Optimizer

MiniDSP 10x10 HD

PSB Imagine T2, Center, and Surrounds (as of 5/2014); HSU ULS-15 subs (2)

The Audyssey FAQ Guide can be found here:

http://www.avsforum.com/...

post #66 of 238 Old 04-04-2012, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 23
What 2012 models will include the Burr-Brown PCM1691 DACs or better? Also, do these receivers support multi-channel PQLS? Do they convert multi-chahnnel DSD to PCM at 88.2 KHz or 176.4 KHz?
post #67 of 238 Old 04-05-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prietz0r View Post

That's not true only the SC-LX/SC models are Class-D.

Pefect answer.

THank you very much!
post #68 of 238 Old 04-09-2012, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enitime View Post

The first Elite will be the SC-61 but I don't have any information on that at all since I'm not in the US market.

Make that SC-61 and SC-63.

Also there will be a VSX-922 after all, but not for the US.
post #69 of 238 Old 04-12-2012, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

SC-1222 - Their first proper non-Elite class D receiver.

So far we have:

(MOVED LIST TO FIRST POST)
post #70 of 238 Old 04-16-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:

SC-1222 - Their first proper non-Elite class D receiver.

So far we have:

VSX-422 - 5.1 - Not for the US market
VSX-522 - 5.1 - $249.99
VSX-822 - 5.1 - $379.99
VSX-922 - 7.1 - Not for the US market.
VSX-1022 - 7.1 - $449.99
VSX-1122 - 7.2 - $599.99

SC-1222

Elite VSX-42 - 7.1
Elite VSX-60 - 7.2

Elite SC-61
Elite SC-63

If this turns out to be the case with last years VSX 1121 turning into a SC 1222 with D class amps Pioneer has pulled a masterclass business move. For one they stop the cannibalization of their Elite SC 52 and 53 models while still giving people a reason to buy the top of the line non-elite model, now the SC 1222.

That being said, the SC 1222 would serve a completely different budget. I can't see them offering D class amplification for less than $1300; last years vsx 1121's MSRP was $800. I base this on the fact that their other D class offerings start at $1700 and the Elite badging has to be priced in there.

Those looking for a true successor to the VSX 1121 are likely outta luck this year. We'll have to wait and see, I hate this part.

Any info on when this model will be out. Or are they going to try to hold it back to let the SC 55 and 57 pick up sales. IMO they don't need to those going for the SC 55 and 57 are likely going that route regardless, budget is probably less of an issue when you go that high up the ladder.
post #71 of 238 Old 04-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchEasy View Post

If this turns out to be the case with last years VSX 1121 turning into a SC 1222 with D class amps Pioneer has pulled a masterclass business move. For one they stop the cannibalization of their Elite SC 52 and 53 models while still giving people a reason to buy the top of the line non-elite model, now the SC 1222.

That being said, the SC 1222 would serve a completely different budget. I can't see them offering D class amplification for less than $1300; last years vsx 1121's MSRP was $800. I base this on the fact that their other D class offerings start at $1700 and the Elite badging has to be priced in there.

Those looking for a true successor to the VSX 1121 are likely outta luck this year. We'll have to wait and see, I hate this part.

Any info on when this model will be out. Or are they going to try to hold it back to let the SC 55 and 57 pick up sales. IMO they don't need to those going for the SC 55 and 57 are likely going that route regardless, budget is probably less of an issue when you go that high up the ladder.

Pioneer sells lower end receiver that use class D amplification: VSX 300 and 500. So there is no price categorisation or barrier of of 1300 bucks actually. It's wide open. Key is the marketing skill to mainstream this and make it a defacto standard, something sexy and fresh rather than a hanging technical spec question mark.

one model not the best start IMO. Should be a bold splash across the board. I remember these Class D things coming out on Minidisc portables many years ago and the toe in the water approach bombed back then.

Also the top models can't rely on Class D as a selling point anymore - it's about to become an everyday thing, particularly with steadily rising energy consumption standards applicable to electronics. If anything class AB will quickly become a sign of conspicuous consumption, as incandescent lightbulbs are becoming in Europe:"hey watch me burn all this energy while fooling around - because I can afford to"
post #72 of 238 Old 04-17-2012, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Added a bit more to the list above. I have no dates, SC-models are usually released mid-year.
Quote:

I can't see them offering D class amplification for less than $1300. I base this on the fact that their other D class offerings start at $1700 and the Elite badging has to be priced in there.

I put some more pricing in the list above. There doesn't seem to be much of a premium for the Elite badge so far. A penny for going from the VSX-1022 to Elite VSX-42, fifty bucks going from VSX-1122 to Elite VSX-60.

Since they're expanding the SC range, prices will have to come down a fair bit. Your $1300 estimate is double the price of the top Elite class AB model. They wouldn't have a heap of models between $250 and $650 and then nothing until $1300.

Quote:

We'll have to wait and see, I hate this part.

I love this part. But then I'm not in the market to buy this year.
post #73 of 238 Old 04-17-2012, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamede View Post

Pioneer sells lower end receiver that use class D amplification: VSX 300 and 500. So there is no price categorisation or barrier of of 1300 bucks actually. It's wide open. Key is the marketing skill to mainstream this and make it a defacto standard, something sexy and fresh rather than a hanging technical spec question mark.

one model not the best start IMO. Should be a bold splash across the board. I remember these Class D things coming out on Minidisc portables many years ago and the toe in the water approach bombed back then.

Also the top models can't rely on Class D as a selling point anymore - it's about to become an everyday thing, particularly with steadily rising energy consumption standards applicable to electronics. If anything class AB will quickly become a sign of conspicuous consumption, as incandescent lightbulbs are becoming in Europe:"hey watch me burn all this energy while fooling around - because I can afford to"

I'm a bit surprised that there aren't more class D AVRs with switch-mode power supplies. With power amps, or stereo receivers I can see the appeal of the simple class AB design with an enormous transformer to power it all , because you could realistically keep those for 20 years. Modern AVRs on the other hand really have a lifespan of 3-5 before they're hopelessly outdated so it doesn't really matter if an SMPS isn't likely to last far beyond 5 years.

I think a lot of it is just conservative audio people who judge a receiver by its weight.

That said, the VSX-S300/S500 aren't "real" receivers. Their amplifier section is pretty much what you'd find in any LG or Samsung DVD home theatre system. There's little power and little audio quality to it. For a lot of people that's fine, but it's in a different league to $500+ receivers needing to power big speakers.

The SC range amplifier boards on the other hand are GORGEOUS (from an electronics geek sort of perspective) and look decidedly expensive and well designed and are enclosed in their own steel case inside the receiver.
post #74 of 238 Old 04-19-2012, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

class D is definitely expanding downwards in the lineup, as these first two are NOT replacements for the SC-5x from last year. Instead they are replacements for the VSX-52/53, but with halved power consumption and more suitable for low impedance speakers. Those models had retail prices of $900 and $1100.

SC-61 (or maybe this is the SC-63, I made bad notes)
Class D - 125W x 7 (1 kHz 8Ω)

Dimensions 435 x 185 x 441mm - 14.4kg
Power consumption - 290W.

-- Connectivity differences from the VSX-60 model
Pre-Out - 9.2
Extra composite input.
Zone 2 video output (composite)
Zone 3 (analogue audio)
Two 12V triggers
Two IR in

The SC-63 should be very similar. It is slightly heavier at 14.6kg.
post #75 of 238 Old 04-19-2012, 08:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:

class D is definitely expanding downwards in the lineup, as these first two are NOT replacements for the SC-5x from last year. Instead they are replacements for the VSX-52/53, but with halved power consumption and more suitable for low impedance speakers. Those models had retail prices of $900 and $1100.

SC-61
Class D - 125W x 7 (1 kHz 8?)

Dimensions 435 x 185 x 441mm - 14.4kg
Power consumption - 290W.

-- Connectivity differences from the VSX-60 model
Pre-Out - 9.2
Extra composite input.
Zone 2 video output (composite)
Zone 3 (analogue audio)
Two 12V triggers
Two IR in

The SC-63 should be very similar. It is slightly heavier at 14.6kg.

Which leaves the SC-55/7 as 'flagships' because of.....what? THX Select/Ultra? Analog 7.1 inputs? Up to 9.2 assignable channels? Or are these replacements for the VSX-52/53 the de facto high end for Pioneer at this point? And still no report of Sub EQ....

Stuart

Denon 4311 with XT32 and Audyssey Pro

Oppo 93 and 103

Panasonic VT50

Sherwood R-972 with its version of the Trinnov Optimizer

MiniDSP 10x10 HD

PSB Imagine T2, Center, and Surrounds (as of 5/2014); HSU ULS-15 subs (2)

The Audyssey FAQ Guide can be found here:

http://www.avsforum.com/...

post #76 of 238 Old 04-19-2012, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrucker View Post

Which leaves the SC-55/7 as 'flagships' because of.....what? THX Select/Ultra? Analog 7.1 inputs? Up to 9.2 assignable channels? Or are these replacements for the VSX-52/53 the de facto high end for Pioneer at this point? And still no report of Sub EQ....

The biggest difference is 9 channels amplified at 140W instead of 7 x 125W.

I don't see Pioneer stepping back from 9 channels on the high-end, especially since the SC-61/63 has 9.2 processing already, you just need an external power amp for the last two channels.

I expect SC-65 and 67 will be coming, just a few weeks later as per usual.

Hopefully we'll get some information and pricing on the SC-1222 which could well be the Sweet Spot Model this year like the VSX-1121 was last year.
post #77 of 238 Old 04-22-2012, 07:23 PM

Liked: 17
I am using a VSX-1122 right now ( until my 1121 gets fixed ) and have to say I am impressed with it. A few features short of the 1121 but VERY close in performance.
The brushed aluminum front really is nice compared to the glossy black of before and I swear the video quality is better than my 1121. although the issues I have experienced with the 1121 may account for that.

Army Rangers lead the way!

Pioneer SC-1523K, Sony BDP-S6200, Sony 55NX720 display, Monster Power HDP IR 2550, Klipsch Quintet SL, Klipsch Sub 12
post #78 of 238 Old 04-22-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubertoliver View Post

I am using a VSX-1122 right now ( until my 1121 gets fixed ) and have to say I am impressed with it. A few features short of the 1121 but VERY close in performance.
The brushed aluminum front really is nice compared to the glossy black of before and I swear the video quality is better than my 1121. although the issues I have experienced with the 1121 may account for that.

Yeah I don't see how the video could be better unless they improved some coding or something because the processor is the same I believe.

Is the front actually aluminum or just the look of brushed aluminum?

What kind of system are you pushing with your receiver? Do you use and amp (guess not since the 1122 doesn't have preouts)? The 1121 has a much beefier amp section so your sound should be noticeably worse I would think unless you're not needing the use of the extra current the 1121 provides.

Thanks!
post #79 of 238 Old 04-23-2012, 03:52 AM

The front appears to be brushed aluminum but I'm not certain...it looks identical to my BDP-440/ELITE 52. I'm using a Klipsch Quintet SL and Klipsch Sub-12 speaker setup. To my ears I can't tell much of a difference if any at all. The video section should appear the same but I do think it is better than the 1121, however the HDMI issues may account for that as I mentioned. Any how the 1122 is a very nice unit worth considering.

Pioneer SC-1523K, Sony BDP-S6200, Sony 55NX720 display, Monster Power HDP IR 2550, Klipsch Quintet SL, Klipsch Sub 12
post #80 of 238 Old 04-25-2012, 12:15 AM

Ok so long story short - my 1019 left channel just up and quit on me like last week so I set out to replace my receiver - I originally went with the denon 2112ci and overall was happy with the sound but the lack of video processing options was was kind of a let down - so fast forward to yesterday and I head back to best buy and swap out that guy for the 1122 and while video looks very nice and I am kind of feeling a bit let down on power, compared to the 1019 both the reiceviers seem to be be unable to put out equal power and its a bit disappointing - is it my imagination?

Should I stick with the 1122? Or go back to bestbuy and swap it for another one - I'd like to stick to the 750 or below price range...

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Chris
post #81 of 238 Old 04-25-2012, 04:51 AM

[quote=cferra;21948247]Ok so long story short - my 1019 left channel just up and quit on me like last week so I set out to replace my receiver - I originally went with the denon 2112ci and overall was happy with the sound but the lack of video processing options was was kind of a let down - so fast forward to yesterday and I head back to best buy and swap out that guy for the 1122 and while video looks very nice and I am kind of feeling a bit let down on power, compared to the 1019 both the reiceviers seem to be be unable to put out equal power and its a bit disappointing - is it my imagination?

Should I stick with the 1122? Or go back to bestbuy and swap it for another one - I'd like to stick to the 750 or below price range...

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Chris[/QUOTE

You may want to consider a VSX-1121K. I'm sure it could be had for less than what you paid for the 1122.

post #82 of 238 Old 04-25-2012, 05:00 AM

I was thinking about that - so I went looking at best buy for it in my area.. looks like due to the new models - either they all sold out or sent back old stock.. at least that's what shows online - I might poke my head at a few local stores to see what physical stock they have. Any other suggestions in case that one is unavailable? Do you think that the Elite version - vsx-60 is leaps and bounds better than the 1122? ... arrrgh so annoying - all compromises lol
post #83 of 238 Old 04-25-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cferra View Post

I was thinking about that - so I went looking at best buy for it in my area.. looks like due to the new models - either they all sold out or sent back old stock.. at least that's what shows online - I might poke my head at a few local stores to see what physical stock they have. Any other suggestions in case that one is unavailable? Do you think that the Elite version - vsx-60 is leaps and bounds better than the 1122? ... arrrgh so annoying - all compromises lol

AMAZON has them ( 1121 ) avalible the last I looked. The 1122 isn't a bad unit. One of the biggest thing I noticed was the scaling back of connectivity.

post #84 of 238 Old 04-25-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:

AMAZON has them ( 1121 ) avalible the last I looked. The 1122 isn't a bad unit. One of the biggest thing I noticed was the scaling back of connectivity.

Problem being that I already spent the money at worst buy.. lol
post #85 of 238 Old 04-26-2012, 08:06 AM

Have you taken time to adjust setting and such? I actually think this is a nice AVR. The only con's in my opinion are lack of connections.

post #86 of 238 Old 04-26-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:

Have you taken time to adjust setting and such? I actually think this is a nice AVR. The only con's in my opinion are lack of connections.

Yeah I ran it through the calibration process etc and enabled some post processing options but I still feel like the volume level on the amp is lower the the other one. On paper they seem the same I dunno maybe I should shut up and deal or go with a more expensive higher wattage amp...
post #87 of 238 Old 04-26-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:

Yeah I ran it through the calibration process etc and enabled some post processing options but I still feel like the volume level on the amp is lower the the other one. On paper they seem the same I dunno maybe I should shut up and deal or go with a more expensive higher wattage amp...

Is it normal for enjoyable volume levels to start at -2.5 db??
post #88 of 238 Old 04-26-2012, 06:07 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Is it normal for enjoyable volume levels to start at -2.5 db??

I listen to TV on my 1121 at around -30 and music at -20. It's fairly loud at -10. But my setup is only 3.1, so it's going to take less volume knob than 7.1.
post #89 of 238 Old 04-26-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonCr View Post

I listen to TV on my 1121 at around -30 and music at -20. It's fairly loud at -10. But my setup is only 3.1, so it's going to take less volume knob than 7.1.

My numbers on the 1122 are running about the same as you in a 5.1 setup. Any how that is my general levels on the receiver for the same media.

post #90 of 238 Old 04-27-2012, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter

Some European models added.

SC-LX56 - 7.2 - Not for the US market - €1499
SC-2022 - 7.2 - Not for the US market - €999

Class D
Dual HDMI out.
7.2 channels.
Digital Audio in/out - 2/0 coax - 3/1 optical

The SC-2022 replaces last year's VSX-2021 which was €1099 when released. Upgrade to class D and a €100 price drop.

Note that prices aren't directly translatable to US$, but it certainly indicates that the SC-1222 will be under the thousand dollar mark.

Also added Elite SC-65 to the list, 9.2 but no other information
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page