DENON 1912 HDMI Pixel mapping - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-11-2012, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I have an issue regarding the pixel mapping of HDMI inputs of my new DENON 1912. I have created some test image (black with 1 pixel white border) with resolution 1920x1080. I can see that the rightmost line of pixels is missing and I think leftmost there is some additional empty pixel line. So the picture is shifted by 1 pixel to the right.

I can reproduce the issue using the PS3 or my Mac mini as input. When I connect the devices directly to the TV pixels are mapped 1:1. The TV is a Sony 46HX805.

Can anyone reproduce the same issue? One pixel is no big deal (in sum there are 1080 pixels missing!!!), but I will ensure if it is an hardware defect or a common defect which maybe can be fixed by a firmware update.

Here is an image for testing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-09-2012, 08:58 AM

Exact same thing as you. When all devices connected directly to the HDTV as opposed to through the Denon they map perfectly at 1:1. This with my Panasonic VT30. I've tried changing HDMI cables and using different ports on the TV with no success. I have the problem with all my components (PS3, Apple TV, HTPC, XBox 360) so in my mind the problem is the Denon 1912 NOT allowing 1:1.

Also observed that when turning on overscan (normally off) or using one of the aspect mode zoom levels on the TV all pixels are being used. However, when using straight 16:9/1:1 mapping on the TV with overscan off, the farthest left column or 2 columns of pixels are not being used.

Did you find a solution?

Finn
post #3 of 3 Old 04-15-2012, 07:46 PM

I am having a very similar issue with my Denon 2112CI, although it's slightly worse; I am missing a 1 pixel line from the image on the far right, but actually have a 1-pixel white/grey line appearing on the left. This is with the PS3 connected via HDMI to a Samsung PN59D7000. When connected directly to the TV everything is 1:1.

To combat this I have to shift the image one pixel to the left using the TV settings otherwise it's very distracting during dark scenes!

It sounds like there is a general HDMI passthru issue occurring with at least these two models!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page