Pioneer vsx 821-k reciever 3D problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-12-2012, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi,

i have the 50GT30 panny plasma w/3d, the panny BDT-210 w/3d and the pionneer 821-k reciever w/3d.

When i start the 3d movie (and only 3d movies this happens), the screen goes black, its flickering and flashing and will not make it to the top menu.. SO i solve this by rebooting the TV and then it advances to the top menu.

SO, i plugged the blu-ray DIRECTLY to the TV, NO problem whatsoever, works perfect. Using hi speed HDMI cables as well. 24p off.

I have the TV plugged to the 'in' on the amp, then the blu ray plugged to the amp in the BD spot (tried DVD as well, same result)

SO there is something in the amp that is causing this problem. In the setup there is a control setup, which i have both turned off.

Is there a firmware update out there or something to fix this? Doesnt seem right to have to reboot the TV to get the movie to work through the reciever.

Anyone have this problem with this 821 ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-13-2012, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong View Post

hi,

i have the 50GT30 panny plasma w/3d, the panny BDT-210 w/3d and the pionneer 821-k reciever w/3d.

When i start the 3d movie (and only 3d movies this happens), the screen goes black, its flickering and flashing and will not make it to the top menu.. SO i solve this by rebooting the TV and then it advances to the top menu.

SO, i plugged the blu-ray DIRECTLY to the TV, NO problem whatsoever, works perfect. Using hi speed HDMI cables as well. 24p off.

I have the TV plugged to the 'in' on the amp, then the blu ray plugged to the amp in the BD spot (tried DVD as well, same result)

SO there is something in the amp that is causing this problem. In the setup there is a control setup, which i have both turned off.

Is there a firmware update out there or something to fix this? Doesnt seem right to have to reboot the TV to get the movie to work through the reciever.

Anyone have this problem with this 821 ?

First, try replacing your HDMI cables with new high speed cables. If that doesn't help give Pioneer a call and see if they can replace the HDMI board. Last years models had an issue and they are only slighty better this year. Panasonic x10's also don't have the most powerful HDMI interfaces. If the cabels and/ or Pioneer don't help, then consider a Sony player.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-13-2012, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie1617 View Post

First, try replacing your HDMI cables with new high speed cables. If that doesn't help give Pioneer a call and see if they can replace the HDMI board. Last years models had an issue and they are only slighty better this year. Panasonic x10's also don't have the most powerful HDMI interfaces. If the cabels and/ or Pioneer don't help, then consider a Sony player.

I failed to mention that i did use recently bought hi-speed cables so i am ruling that out.

I've had this unit for about weeks now, wished i had seen this earlier...
post #4 of 9 Old 02-13-2012, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

I failed to mention that i did use recently bought hi-speed cables so i am ruling that out.

I've had this unit for about weeks now, wished i had seen this earlier...

I wish I knew who to put this on but I have the same TV and BD player but the VSX-1021. It works with the Panny 210 and 110. I had a VSX-920 and neither the 110 or 210 worked with 3D. I have read in the owners thread for the x10's that the HDMI signal of the panny's is weak and with the VSX-920's at least, that some had bad HDMI boards. Unfortunately, I was two months out of warranty on the Pio and they wanted to charge me for the replacement board. I am leaning to Pioneer as the problem because the Pio takes a few minutes to recognize 3D channels on DirecTv. I did not want to go to a Sony player so I replaced the 920 with the 1021. It works with the exception of the slow recognition of 3D channels on DirecTv.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-13-2012, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie1617 View Post

I wish I knew who to put this on but I have the same TV and BD player but the VSX-1021. It works with the Panny 210 and 110. I had a VSX-920 and neither the 110 or 210 worked with 3D. I have read in the owners thread for the x10's that the HDMI signal of the panny's is weak and with the VSX-920's at least, that some had bad HDMI boards. Unfortunately, I was two months out of warranty on the Pio and they wanted to charge me for the replacement board. I am leaning to Pioneer as the problem because the Pio takes a few minutes to recognize 3D channels on DirecTv. I did not want to go to a Sony player so I replaced the 920 with the 1021. It works with the exception of the slow recognition of 3D channels on DirecTv.

The 3d does work, but once i see that screen flashing, i turn the TV off, then on, then I am at the top menu and is fine thereafter. But if i were to stop the movie, and restart it happens again, so i reboot the tv, and again its fine. It will play not a problem the whole movie through, just annoying to reboot the TV to make it work at the start.....

Its like the 3d signal is really week at the startup and cant get to the top menu on its own, without a TV reboot.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-15-2012, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

ok, called pioneer - they seem to think its a setting on the TV rather than a amp thing that might not be handshaking with the amp (?) So turned off the vieracast settings - made no difference. Guess I will have to try a few others.

He also mentioned the cables should be 1.4 certified. I have the one from the TV to amp is, but unsure if the bluray to amp is. So i will go to bestbuy and try one to test his theory...
post #7 of 9 Old 02-17-2012, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

NOT the cables....ugh
post #8 of 9 Old 02-20-2012, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

ok, i gave up.

Just ran the blu ray straight to TV, digital audio cable from blu ray to amp. Works fine.
But doesnt work well with amp at all. 821-k will not handshake well with the panasonic 50Gt30 and bd-210 bluray.

Oh well, didnt really like the idea of the amp in the middle of the video signal anyway.
post #9 of 9 Old 03-22-2012, 09:58 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

ok, i gave up.

Just ran the blu ray straight to TV, digital audio cable from blu ray to amp. Works fine.
But doesnt work well with amp at all. 821-k will not handshake well with the panasonic 50Gt30 and bd-210 bluray.

Oh well, didnt really like the idea of the amp in the middle of the video signal anyway.

Did you get this figured out? My set up is doing the same thing...Pio VSX-1121, Pio BDP-440 and SONY display. I'm at a total loss. Did you ever try restting your receiver to see if it would work?

Army Rangers lead the way!

Pioneer SC-1523K, OPPO-103, Sharp Q+ 60" display, Monster Power HDP IR 2550, Klipsch Quintet SL, Klipsch Sub 12
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page