Need Help with Denon AVR 1312 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-24-2012, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is a repeat post. I posted over in "Tweaks and ..." and it went dead -- O responses. So here goes again:

I just set up a 5.1 surround system with Polk Monitor entry level speakers.
This includes Polk SW and Polk center channel speaker, too. I have a Samsung Blu-Ray player and all components are hooked up via HDMI to a Vizio TV.

For the price I'm fairly satisfied with my set up when watching DVDs and Blu-rays. Even Pandora Radio sounds adequate. However, when playing music CD's the music quality is not there on some CD's. Some CD's will play through only through the two front speakers and the SW and they sound fine. Some CD's mysteriously play through all speakers front and back and it doesn't sound right.

I have read the Denon manual and it is over my head. (I'm learning!)
Question: Can anyone assist me and tell me how I can go into my Denon menu and change settings to listen to CD's for best Hi - Fi stereo sound?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-24-2012, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 257
You should be able to go to the audio settings and select 2 channels only for the speakers when listening to music.

Some SACDs have 5.1 sound on them, but you didn't say you were playing SACDs. Don't know why the player would put out sound to the rear any other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXtian View Post

This is a repeat post. I posted over in "Tweaks and ..." and it went dead -- O responses. So here goes again:

I just set up a 5.1 surround system with Polk Monitor entry level speakers.
This includes Polk SW and Polk center channel speaker, too. I have a Samsung Blu-Ray player and all components are hooked up via HDMI to a Vizio TV.

For the price I'm fairly satisfied with my set up when watching DVDs and Blu-rays. Even Pandora Radio sounds adequate. However, when playing music CD's the music quality is not there on some CD's. Some CD's will play through only through the two front speakers and the SW and they sound fine. Some CD's mysteriously play through all speakers front and back and it doesn't sound right.

Question: Can anyone assist me and tell me how I can go into my Denon menu and change settings to listen to CD's for best Hi - Fi stereo sound?
Thanks!

post #3 of 3 Old 02-24-2012, 09:33 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1965 Post(s)
Liked: 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXtian View Post

Thanks!

If you select STEREO mode when a CD is playing, then the AVR should remember this mode the next time a 2.0 source is played. However, if you also want to use DD PLII mode to simulate 5.1 when watching a SD TV channel, then you're better served setting up the CD and CLB/SAT inputs each on a different Quick Select setting (p. 27).

For more info on your 1312, join us in the Denon XX12 Owner's thread linked in my sig.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1312 Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page