Technics SH-AC500D Issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-24-2012, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am having an issue with my my Technics SA-AX6/SH-AC500D setup. When I initially turn on my TV and then my receiver and digital sound processor I get a lot of popping coming from my speakers. I have to keep adjusting the overall output level on the digital processor until the problem finally goes away. This issue only occurs at start-up. Once the system has been on the problem never occurs again. If I turn everything off and come back later in the day it will repeat the same issue. It seems to primarily happen on digital input 1 that is connected to my Tivo box via an optical cable. It only happens when I am connected to a digital souce. This never happen when I use the tuner to listen to the radio. Any thoughts on what could be causing the issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-27-2012, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Bump for reply. Any suggestions would be great!
post #3 of 4 Old 02-27-2012, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 256
It sounds as if you have a bad chip or maybe a bad solder joint somewhere in the digital processor circuitry. That may be a tough one for a technician to find.

If you are lucky, maybe it will get more persistent, which should make troubleshooting easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerial_22 View Post

I am having an issue with my my Technics SA-AX6/SH-AC500D setup. When I initially turn on my TV and then my receiver and digital sound processor I get a lot of popping coming from my speakers. I have to keep adjusting the overall output level on the digital processor until the problem finally goes away. This issue only occurs at start-up. Once the system has been on the problem never occurs again. If I turn everything off and come back later in the day it will repeat the same issue. It seems to primarily happen on digital input 1 that is connected to my Tivo box via an optical cable. It only happens when I am connected to a digital souce. This never happen when I use the tuner to listen to the radio. Any thoughts on what could be causing the issue?

post #4 of 4 Old 02-27-2012, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks commsysman! I was kind of thinking something along those lines. I found an article on line with a similar issue that ended up being a bad capacitor. I have a technician I work with that restores old A/V equipment on the side. I may take it to him and have him take a look at it for me.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page