SUBWOOFER NOT WORKING through Yamaha RX-A1000??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-25-2012, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently just bought the Yamaha RX-A1000 receiver and everything is working fine except for the subwoofer when put on certain inputs. I have two blu-ray players and one dvd player hooked up with the multi-channel inputs on the back. Those three items are the only things that work with the sub. Everything else (IPOD, Phono, DirecTV, Pandora, etc.) will not pick up the subwoofer. Does anybody know why this is happening?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-25-2012, 11:06 PM

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPsychoSexy337 View Post

I recently just bought the Yamaha RX-A1000 receiver and everything is working fine except for the subwoofer when put on certain inputs. I have two blu-ray players and one dvd player hooked up with the multi-channel inputs on the back. Those three items are the only things that work with the sub. Everything else (IPOD, Phono, DirecTV, Pandora, etc.) will not pick up the subwoofer. Does anybody know why this is happening?

Yes, your main speakers are set to large, therefore no bass management is happening. Check your speaker settings and change them all to SMALL and set a crossover of 80hz to start with. If any speakers are already set to small with a crossover higher than 80hz leave those alone.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-26-2012, 12:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Yep, he's correct. You need to set your speakers to SMALL so the sub gets the low frequencies. Your blu ray and dvd movies have a dedicated .1 channels which is for the sub. Ipod, phono, tuner, Pandora don't have a 5.1 mix where there is a dedicated low frequency signal for the sub.

If you set your speakers to SMALL then your sub with handle the bass with those devices.

DirecTV should work if you have it set up properly to send out a Dolby Digital signal. Mine does. I assume you have a HD DirecTV box?

Afro GT
post #4 of 6 Old 02-26-2012, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

You guys are great! It's fixed, thank you for helpin me out.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-26-2012, 11:56 AM

Yamaha also has a "double bass" option that sends full range to the mains, and LFE + anything under crossover frequency to the sub.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-22-2013, 12:00 PM

Liked: 16
i added a second subwoofer to my yamaha rx-a1000. there is sound on it but on the receiver's panel, there's no SW2 icon lighting up. please help if any of you encountered this. thanks!

XIM edge, ps3, yamaha RX-A1000, adcom GFAii, polk SDA2a, 65" toshiba LCD......more and more to come.....work, work, work!!!!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx A1000 Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page