Receiver for PC audio? - AVS Forum
Receivers, Amps, and Processors > Receiver for PC audio?
hobnobber's Avatar hobnobber 06:29 AM 02-26-2012
I have been looking on the Internet for a receiver that will decode an HDMI input from my PC's GTX 590 graphics card and send it to my 5.1 speakers. I presently have an older Sony that doesn't see the audio in an HDMI signal, so I've been feeding it optical from a sound card.

Very many of the receivers I'm finding on the Internet are like mine---they pass the audio through instead of doing what any reasonable person would reasonably expect of a receiver, which is to make sound out of it.

My question is is there a list of such receivers here somewhere, or could someone tell me what you call the opposite of "passthrough"?

Mobile  Desktop