"Official" Denon App control thread (DenONOFF, Denon App etc) - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #181 of 203 Old 02-15-2015, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Denon X1100W, Galaxy S5 & Denon android app. v1.1.4

Denon app worked up until about a week ago, when something changed with the media server portion. Used to get list of artists, etc. Now I get a list, populated with "access denied" labels for every (song/artist? Can't tell because message tells me nothing). Access to media server is fine if I use the remote that came with the unit. USED to work fine with the Android app as well.

Uninstalled and reinstalled app several times. No help.

As for Pandora users, mine still works fine from the app. Can do all functions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 203 Old 02-15-2015, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 142
I couldnt get the App to work lastnite, I use it to controll my zone 2 speakers connected to a audiosource amp 110 hooked up to my 4100!

I 1st tried the app on my Samsung Galaxy tablet, no go... 2nd my Samsung Galaxy smartphone, no go.... Confirmed my network had internet access, yup all good there...

I unplugged the 4100 powercord from back of avr, waited 1 minute! Bingo, back in business!
post #183 of 203 Old 02-15-2015, 08:49 PM

Problem with mine is; everything works as it should *EXCEPT* the media server. I'm going to try powering down the Denon, just for grins...
post #184 of 203 Old 02-15-2015, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgoers View Post
Problem with mine is; everything works as it should *EXCEPT* the media server. I'm going to try powering down the Denon, just for grins...
Media Server works for me but only plays about 1/2 the songs on my PC, all are ripped from CDs! The one that wont play through the media server input, will play on my pc! Which all play on my pc, just half will play through the denon over my network!
post #185 of 203 Old 02-16-2015, 09:46 AM

Well, power cycling and disconnecting the network cable didn't help.

I can still play everything on the media server if I use the remote that came with the X1100W.
post #186 of 203 Old 03-28-2015, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 168
I posted this question in the Denon x-series receiver thread forgetting till now that there was a Denon app thread.
So...
There was to be an updated Denon Android app released this past fall. Did this ever happen? The one in the app store appears to be the same as last summer.

Thanks!
post #187 of 203 Old 03-28-2015, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah450 View Post
I posted this question in the Denon x-series receiver thread forgetting till now that there was a Denon app thread.
So...
There was to be an updated Denon Android app released this past fall. Did this ever happen? The one in the app store appears to be the same as last summer.

Thanks!
Nope, I was wondering the same thing. It was supposed to at the end of this Month!

After upgrading to a better internet modem and new Asus wireless-N router, I now get all songs on my Media Server(P.C.) to play from the Denon App. As before the app would only play about 3/4's of the songs, unless I was using my Harmony remote (Odd) then all my songs would play!

The App does seem to crash often IMO.... Hope theres a update soon to fix any bugs in the app. I recall it only being a refresh or revamp of the app.
post #188 of 203 Old 05-24-2015, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey JDS,

I have an E400, and have the exact problems with not being able to change pandora stations. It will play the last station selected just fine, but can't change.

It works perfectly with the factory remote, so you have to change it on the main unit.

Will AVR remote solve this problem? Some of the comments for that app, described the exact same issue.

TIA!

Sony KDL-52XBR4
Denon AVR E400
PS4
DirecTV DVR model HR23
Infinity floorstanding speakers and center channel (5.1 setup)
Remote: Logitech 600
post #189 of 203 Old 05-24-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
What model? I can change Pandora stations ... do Thumbs/Up down without any issues on my X5200W using the Denon Remote app for Android.
This is the original post I was replying to.....

reply fail.

Sony KDL-52XBR4
Denon AVR E400
PS4
DirecTV DVR model HR23
post #190 of 203 Old 05-24-2015, 08:42 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 179 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9743 Post(s)
Liked: 4526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machael View Post
Hey JDS,

I have an E400, and have the exact problems with not being able to change pandora stations. It will play the last station selected just fine, but can't change.

It works perfectly with the factory remote, so you have to change it on the main unit.

Will AVR remote solve this problem? Some of the comments for that app, described the exact same issue.

TIA!
Yes,

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #191 of 203 Old 05-24-2015, 09:04 AM

Thanks!

On the off chance that a system power down, would help, it did.......

Denon remote app changes channels now, but still no rating. I can live with that

Still might check out AVR remote!

Thanks for answering another question, asked before all possibilities are exhausted. :P

Sony KDL-52XBR4
Denon AVR E400
PS4
DirecTV DVR model HR23
post #192 of 203 Old 07-24-2015, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Bit quiet in this thread so let me throw in something new..

The first version of "DeRemote Watch" has passed the Apple review process and is now available on the AppStore. It works pretty decent even though the limitations of watchOS 1, combined with the not always so stable Denon/Marantz network software was a bit challenging to get 'right'. Hope you like it and look forward to feedback! Do note, since proper control of the Denon/Marantz media player is quit complex and heavy on performance and network resources, I've left this out for version 1. It will be added in a future version, latest with watchOS2. Also Digital Crown support for volume control will come with watchOS2. For now, just touch (not drag) the on-screen volume dial and/or the +/- buttons.

Last edited by DeRemote; 07-24-2015 at 06:39 PM.
post #193 of 203 Old 08-13-2015, 03:22 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRemote View Post
Bit quiet in this thread so let me throw in something new..

The first version of "DeRemote Watch" has passed the Apple review process and is now available on the AppStore. It works pretty decent even though the limitations of watchOS 1, combined with the not always so stable Denon/Marantz network software was a bit challenging to get 'right'. Hope you like it and look forward to feedback! Do note, since proper control of the Denon/Marantz media player is quit complex and heavy on performance and network resources, I've left this out for version 1. It will be added in a future version, latest with watchOS2. Also Digital Crown support for volume control will come with watchOS2. For now, just touch (not drag) the on-screen volume dial and/or the +/- buttons.

Very cool!

I tried the watch app yesterday.
I must say it looks good and it's easy to use.
Except that everything I did was delayed a lot which makes made it hard to use it a volume control.
I'm looking forward to what the future brings! :-)
post #194 of 203 Old 08-13-2015, 04:52 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by broodro0ster View Post
Very cool!

I tried the watch app yesterday.
I must say it looks good and it's easy to use.
Except that everything I did was delayed a lot which makes made it hard to use it a volume control.
I'm looking forward to what the future brings! :-)
Thank you for the feedback! I'm working on getting the app running and optimised for watchOS2.
That should bring better performance as it no longer has to go via the iPhone to talk to the Denon/Marantz.
watchOS2 will also allow to use the Digital Crown for volume control which clearly is the preferred way for changing volume.
There will always be a bit of lag due to the slow response of the Denon/Marantz itself but it should work noticeably better..

On a side note: for iPad Air 2, everything is meanwhile ready for iOS9 "side-by-side" and "slide-over" so just waiting for Apple to release it..
post #195 of 203 Old 08-30-2015, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Denon ios app won't play

Hi, Using a Denon AVR-X4100W connected to NAS as media server. Have had it working perfectly before using the Denon app. For the past couple of weeks when I go to use the ios Denon app I can connect to the amp, can turn amp on and off, can see the media server, can see the list of albums, but when I select a song to play I get the app version of a beachball, then nothing. On occasion I will get a message that the app cannot access the song.

I tested playback on the amp and using the AVR remote I can search music and play the songs that won't play on the remote. So I think everything in the setup is working except the app. It has all bars of wifi signal strength in the location I use it (Denon is hard wired ethernet to NAS music source). Tried deleting and reinstalling the app, no change. Same on iphone running beta ios9 on iphone and ios 8 on ipad.

Tried the Linn control point apps yesterday. They are nice to look at, and play exactly one song, no playlists, no albums, one song at a time. Otherwise I'd use that app (Kinsky I think it is called).

Any ideas on why Denon app won't let me play my music?

Thanks,

Rob
post #196 of 203 Old 12-13-2015, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Ugh. This app could be so good, but it's just so buggy to the point of uselessness.

Most of the time, when I select Media Server, it tells me "This features does not work with the device, which you entered in the IP address".

Occasionally it does work though.

Not sure if this is related, but I have to enter the device by IP address. It doesn't find it automatically. Usually anyway. On occasion it has showed up twice - once by name and once by IP.

EDIT: I think I have sorted out the main issue. If I have to enter the device by IP address, then the Media Server won't work. If I can connect to the device "directly", then it works. By changing a setting on the secondary router that the AVR is connecting to, I think I should be able to connect "directly" from now on.

Last edited by sstackho; 12-13-2015 at 09:15 PM.
post #197 of 203 Old 12-28-2015, 05:25 AM

The Denon Remote App on my iPad worked great to control my AVR-S710W until I turned on the Media Server function of my Win 10 PC, at which point the media server is all the app will control. The app no longer auto detects the receiver. I can manually input the IP of the receiver but the only functions the app will perform are the Media Server ones (which work fine). I tried rebooting the iPad, PC, receiver, disabling the Media Server function on the PC and then rebooting everything else. Nothing works to get the app to return to normal function.

I also have the app on my HTC smartphone. It also worked great until I turned on the Media Server function. Now the app on the smartphone only shows the Media Server as an available connection, but when I click on the Media Server, it instantly crashes the app every time. Anyone have similar experiences or an ideas how to fix? Thanks!
post #198 of 203 Old 12-28-2015, 05:26 AM

Denon Remote App not working after media server setup

The Denon Remote App on my iPad worked great to control my AVR-S710W until I turned on the Media Server function of my Win 10 PC, at which point the media server is all the app will control. The app no longer auto detects the receiver. I can manually input the IP of the receiver but the only functions the app will perform are the Media Server ones (which work fine). I tried rebooting the iPad, PC, receiver, disabling the Media Server function on the PC and then rebooting everything else. Nothing works to get the app to return to normal function.

I also have the app on my HTC smartphone. It also worked great until I turned on the Media Server function. Now the app on the smartphone only shows the Media Server as an available connection, but when I click on the Media Server, it instantly crashes the app every time. Anyone have similar experiences or an ideas how to fix? Thanks!
post #199 of 203 Old 12-29-2015, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTWi View Post

OK, I fixed the major problem by adding a Proxy IP address. The app still crashes on my phone whenever I try to select the Media Server but it is otherwise ok for now.
post #200 of 203 Old 02-20-2016, 02:14 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi all
Do you have any idea of when this x7200wa will be replaced by a new model?
Asking because I'm considering buying this x7200wa, but would also be willing to wait a month or two if a new model is round the corner.... What do you think?

kindly
Jan
post #201 of 203 Old 02-20-2016, 02:25 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 179 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9743 Post(s)
Liked: 4526
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnernorth View Post
Hi all
Do you have any idea of when this x7200wa will be replaced by a new model?
Asking because I'm considering buying this x7200wa, but would also be willing to wait a month or two if a new model is round the corner.... What do you think?
Not until Dec 2017, however, better to ask X7200WA related questions in the Owner's thread as this thread is for discussion on the Denon remote apps.

Denon AVR-X7200W 9.2/13.2ch 2014/2015 Receiver Details-
runnernorth likes this.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #202 of 203 Old 04-10-2016, 09:38 AM

Liked: 1
Denon remote app stopped finding AVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTWi View Post

For some reason the Denon remote apps for Android on my S6 Edge stopped finding my AVR-S710W. Had nothing to do with Media Server or firmware (came with latest version). Uninstalled and re-installed apps multiple times, cleared application caches, etc. Finally started working again after I played some internet radio on the AVR. Didn't change anything in AVR network settings. Wierd...
post #203 of 203 Old 05-22-2016, 06:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hey all, I have recently bought multiple current Denon receivers. I'd like to use the new Denon App to control them, but need to be able to rename them for the app.

Anybody know if that's possible, and if so how?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr A100 100th Anniversary 9 2 140w , Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Denon Networkcd Receiver White Rcd N7w 100v 50 60hz Japanese Import , Denon Avr 4308ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4306b 7 1 Ch Home Theater Multimedia A V Receiver Black
Gear in this thread