"Official" Denon App control thread (DenONOFF, Denon App etc) - Page 7 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 187 Old 02-15-2015, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Denon X1100W, Galaxy S5 & Denon android app. v1.1.4

Denon app worked up until about a week ago, when something changed with the media server portion. Used to get list of artists, etc. Now I get a list, populated with "access denied" labels for every (song/artist? Can't tell because message tells me nothing). Access to media server is fine if I use the remote that came with the unit. USED to work fine with the Android app as well.

Uninstalled and reinstalled app several times. No help.

As for Pandora users, mine still works fine from the app. Can do all functions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 187 Old 02-15-2015, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 56
I couldnt get the App to work lastnite, I use it to controll my zone 2 speakers connected to a audiosource amp 110 hooked up to my 4100!

I 1st tried the app on my Samsung Galaxy tablet, no go... 2nd my Samsung Galaxy smartphone, no go.... Confirmed my network had internet access, yup all good there...

I unplugged the 4100 powercord from back of avr, waited 1 minute! Bingo, back in business!
post #183 of 187 Old 02-15-2015, 08:49 PM

Problem with mine is; everything works as it should *EXCEPT* the media server. I'm going to try powering down the Denon, just for grins...
post #184 of 187 Old 02-15-2015, 09:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgoers View Post
Problem with mine is; everything works as it should *EXCEPT* the media server. I'm going to try powering down the Denon, just for grins...
Media Server works for me but only plays about 1/2 the songs on my PC, all are ripped from CDs! The one that wont play through the media server input, will play on my pc! Which all play on my pc, just half will play through the denon over my network!
post #185 of 187 Old 02-16-2015, 09:46 AM

Well, power cycling and disconnecting the network cable didn't help.

I can still play everything on the media server if I use the remote that came with the X1100W.
post #186 of 187 Old 03-28-2015, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 129
I posted this question in the Denon x-series receiver thread forgetting till now that there was a Denon app thread.
So...
There was to be an updated Denon Android app released this past fall. Did this ever happen? The one in the app store appears to be the same as last summer.

Thanks!
post #187 of 187 Old 03-28-2015, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah450 View Post
I posted this question in the Denon x-series receiver thread forgetting till now that there was a Denon app thread.
So...
There was to be an updated Denon Android app released this past fall. Did this ever happen? The one in the app store appears to be the same as last summer.

Thanks!
Nope, I was wondering the same thing. It was supposed to at the end of this Month!

After upgrading to a better internet modem and new Asus wireless-N router, I now get all songs on my Media Server(P.C.) to play from the Denon App. As before the app would only play about 3/4's of the songs, unless I was using my Harmony remote (Odd) then all my songs would play!

The App does seem to crash often IMO.... Hope theres a update soon to fix any bugs in the app. I recall it only being a refresh or revamp of the app.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr A100 100th Anniversary 9 2 140w , Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Denon Avr3312ci Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Denon Networkcd Receiver White Rcd N7w 100v 50 60hz Japanese Import , Denon Avr 4308ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4306b 7 1 Ch Home Theater Multimedia A V Receiver Black
Gear in this thread