Need advice $700-$900 receiver - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-29-2012, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm in the process of finishing my basement and have to buy EVERYTHING. Well, this is usually fun, but I just don't have the time to research everything. I would like a 7.1 setup and am building a room to accommodate this.

Need a very good receiver in the price range mentioned. Things that are important to me are wireless capabilities, video processing, and iPhone/iPad control capabilities. Moving up in price isn't out of the question if a little more gets me something a lot better. Have no interest or need for a $2000 receiver.

You guys are the pros and your suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks so much in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-29-2012, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jes3287 View Post

I'm in the process of finishing my basement and have to buy EVERYTHING. Well, this is usually fun, but I just don't have the time to research everything. I would like a 7.1 setup and am building a room to accommodate this.

Need a very good receiver in the price range mentioned. Things that are important to me are wireless capabilities, video processing, and iPhone/iPad control capabilities. Moving up in price isn't out of the question if a little more gets me something a lot better. Have no interest or need for a $2000 receiver.

You guys are the pros and your suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks so much in advance!

Integra DTR 40.3. It retails for $1K but you can get it in your price range. I have last years model the 40.2. Awesome piece of EQ!

http://www.integrahometheater.com/mo...m=DTR-40.3&p=i

Jeff
post #3 of 4 Old 02-29-2012, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Pronghorn. That's a brand I wouldn't even have checked out. I'll definitely have a look.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Advanced Member

The Denon 4311 is an excellent piece of electronics, has a great amp section for a receiver, and has MultEq XT32, which will Eq two subs and does a great job with room correction. Its street price is <$1350 shipped right now and its a real workhorse for the money. The Denon 3312 is also a good unit and has MultEq XT (not 32) and runs around $800 shipped.

Here is the Denon XX12 thread, the first few posts are very helpful.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1334369
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page