Newbie receiver question, not understanding something - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-01-2012, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm using a HTPC which runs an optical out to my Sony STRDH810 receiver. I'm planning on hooking a second TV to my HTPC by just duplicating the monitor (same output in both rooms, living room and bedroom). That part is working fine. The STRDH810 doesn't pass through any video, it's all straight from the HTPC.
Currently the STRDH810 takes the HTPC optical output and powers my living room speakers (the powered, screw down outputs on the STRDH810). How do I go about sending an audio signal from my STRDH810 to the bedroom TV's audio input? Does anything on the receiver output (or throughput) a signal other than the powered outputs? If the receiver is being fed with an optical in, can that come out anywhere else, such as the Video 1 outputs or CD?
Here's the info on the Sony http://www.docs.sony.com/release/STRDH810.pdf

Sorry if this is a completely stupid question, my brain just isn't wrapping around it well. Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
optical audio in typically requires optical audio out.
try this...if your HTPC has analogue audio outs plug into the sony using the same (labeled) inputs as where you connected the optical cable. ie: if the optical cable is plugged into the optical TV input plug the analogue cables into the analogue TV inputs. connect the bedroom TV to the SACD or Video 1audio outputs. with any luck the receiver will see both connections and pass the analogue through.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the suggestion!