VSX-1121 HDMI video with component audio? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-03-2012, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a media PC hooked up to my VSX-1121. The PC has a video card with HDMI out, and a sound card outputting through an 1/8th inch port. I have an 1/8th-inch-to-RCA adapter feeding into the receiver.

I hooked the HDMI cable into the HDMI port on the receiver labeled "DVD", and hooked the audio cables into the component port on the receiver also labeled "DVD".

Unfortunately, the receiver only gives me video, and no audio. I know that the audio is hooked up correctly because if I unplug the HDMI cable, the audio starts playing. When I plug the HDMI cable back in, the audio stops again. I can't get both at the same time.

I assume that the receiver thinks I want to use HDMI for both video and audio. Is there any way to tell the receiver only to use the video signal from the HDMI cable, and get audio from component-in?

Thanks for any help. I've read through the manual and messed around with a bunch of settings on the receiver but I can't figure it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverd2 View Post

I assume that the receiver thinks I want to use HDMI for both video and audio. Is there any way to tell the receiver only to use the video signal from the HDMI cable, and get audio from component-in?

Thanks for any help. I've read through the manual and messed around with a bunch of settings on the receiver but I can't figure it out.

Hi daverd2, have you try pressing the "Signal Sel" button on the remote to cycle to Analog?
Old 03-03-2012, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

That worked! Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:26 PM

thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!

Needed to select, digital for my optical output... Now onto building a time machine to get the last two days of my life back :-)