Off Topic - Need help with Microphone set up - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-05-2012, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have no idea where this question belongs but here it is. My granddaughter loves to sing and has a great voice. She asked me to hook up a microphone into my system and I'm having problems. I have an aging but good system. Aerial LR5s CC5 SR3s SW12s, Tag McClaren BP192 processor, Pioneer Elite Blu-Ray, Denon 5000 DVD and an old Panasonic RP91 DVD.

I purchased a Sennnheisser Microphone that i was told was good. I dug out the Panasonic player as i remembered it had a 1/4 connection for a microphone on the front and purchased the matching wire.

When it works the sound is great but it clips very easily and the Tag screen reads
"input exceeds acceptable sound level" or something like that.

Can anyone suggest a way for me to hook this up so she can sing her heart out using my system?

Sorry if this shouldn't be on this forum and i apologize in advance for my ignorance. I have a pretty good understanding of home theater but haven't a clue with this microphone.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-06-2012, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I would think you might want to get a inexpensive 2 channel DJ mixer. It would have a mic input and you could plug a CD/DVD player into it to the play music and mix the mic and the music together. The mic and the CD input will both have their own volume controls so you can balance them out. Then you come out of the mixer into your main system. Cheap ones can be had for under $100 and I would say the simpler the better. Brands such as Numark, American DJ, Gemini, Stanton should be all you will need.

The lazy man finds the easiest way ... Ben Franklin
post #3 of 3 Old 03-06-2012, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks much, I have no idea what that is but i'll do some searching and see waht I can come up with.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page