Onkyo TX-NR1007 sound problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 03-07-2012, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Having some trouble with my Onkyo 1007. One day I turned the unit on and couldn't get sound out. I've looked through troubleshooting in the manual and searching on the forum, but I am still having trouble.

Tried resetting the receiver to factory defaults several times and not luck.
Setting the Audiot TV Out to On', the TV outputs sound from Cable/Sat and BR/DVD play. Indicates receiver is getting/receiving proper audio/video signals.

I tried one of the speakers (and cable) with another receiver, which worked fine.

I also tried the Onkyo with a known good speaker, and that didn't work.

It seems narrowed down to the point where the problem is with the receiver, signal is being received but not output.

Cannot get receiver to allow firmware updates (grayed out). Tried resetting receiver and leaving unplugged for over 1 hour. Problem may be with my router settings/security or too long network cable. I will try moving the unit closer to my internet source and hooking up straight to the modem.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on with the receiver? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-07-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongway15 View Post

Having some trouble with my Onkyo 1007. One day I turned the unit on and couldn't get sound out. I've looked through troubleshooting in the manual and searching on the forum, but I am still having trouble.

Tried resetting the receiver to factory defaults several times and not luck.
Setting the Audiot TV Out to On', the TV outputs sound from Cable/Sat and BR/DVD play. Indicates receiver is getting/receiving proper audio/video signals.

I tried one of the speakers (and cable) with another receiver, which worked fine.

I also tried the Onkyo with a known good speaker, and that didn't work.

It seems narrowed down to the point where the problem is with the receiver, signal is being received but not output.

Cannot get receiver to allow firmware updates (grayed out). Tried resetting receiver and leaving unplugged for over 1 hour. Problem may be with my router settings/security or too long network cable. I will try moving the unit closer to my internet source and hooking up straight to the modem.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on with the receiver? Thanks.

You probably need a HDMI board replacement, common on that model.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-10-2012, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Called Onkyo, they are going to repair for me!
post #4 of 8 Old 10-29-2012, 12:55 AM

I have the same problem with mine now. Reset worked for a couple of times and now there is nothing. Who did you call? Do you have the direct number?

Thanks
post #5 of 8 Old 10-29-2012, 03:30 AM

same problem here used to just pull the plug an it would reset no doing it now so as i type this im trying to update the firmware to see if that fixes the problem? i get no sound at all anymore not even from the radio an i dont hear it switching like it used to either. also no speaker icons are showing up?
post #6 of 8 Old 11-07-2012, 05:52 AM

Add another user with this problem. No sound at all, speaker icons don't show on the screen, network grayed out. Also, when I use the onscreen display, it shows the video info but not the audio info. I've tried unplugging the unit and a factory reset; no luck. I'm very disappointed as this receiver is only around three years old. This will be the last Onkyo I ever buy.

Regards,
Brian
post #7 of 8 Old 11-19-2012, 09:10 PM

My NR1007 is dead also, and most likely out of warranty since I purchased it in early 2010. Great, now I have a $1800 paper weight.

It happened the first time two days ago, no sound at power up. It came back after on/off ..next couple of times I had to power cycle. As of right now it's totally dead, have been trying to get sound for passed 30 minutes with no luck.

Good thing I opted for the higher end model, you know ..get quality that will last more than two and a half years with light usage.

So disappointed right now. Looks like everyone is having this problem, seems like these units from Onkyo are total lemons.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-07-2012, 11:07 AM

Onkyo is aware of the faulty hdmi boards and will fix for free, call them and do not use there automated system on there web page. Mine is 3 years old and they fixed it under a one time concession so don't fret about it call them. The guy I talked to tried at first to say it was out of warranty till I mentioned the hdmi board and that it is all over the Internet that there faulty.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr1007 135 Watts 9 2 Channel Av Surround Home Network Receiver Black
Gear in this thread - Nr1007 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page