denon receivers and harmony - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-07-2012, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK, just finished the basement. Using Denon 3808 for 7.1 in main "family room" downstairs. Also have a gym and patio wired for speakers. My intent is to use my older 3803 as an amp. I have zone-2 pre-outs from 3808 into front speakers of 33803. That will power the gym speakers And zone 3 pre4-outs going to surrounds on the 3803 which will power the patio.

I am using a Harmony 900 remote for the setup.

Here's the issue I've run into: Since both receivers are Denon the codes are pretty much the same so both receivers respond to the same command.

Originally, I thought I might get around this by covering the I/R of the 3803 and using the Trigger Out on the 3808 to power on the 3803. I could then do everything on the 3808 zone commands. BUT, doesn't appear the 3803 has any type of "trigger in"

A little research dug up the "remote ID" function on the 3808 (something the 3803 doesn't have). That seems like a decent option but I can't find out how to make the Harmony send remote id 2 signals.

I'd hate to have to buy amps for the gym/patio when I already have the 3803 which has the amps I need.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-08-2012, 10:03 AM

The Harmony 900 can learn commands from another remote, and I've used that to add "Quick Select" commands from my Denon 2312 remote.

You could add the 3808 as a new "unknown" receiver and let the Harmony learn all the various commands as "remote id 2".
post #3 of 3 Old 03-08-2012, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I guess that is worst case scenario. If I go that route that means I change the 3808 to remote 2 itself. So, can't use the secondary remote for it and I also have to program every key into the harmony.

At least it's an option, but one I hope to avoid if I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page