AVS Forum banner

Denon AVR-3312 inherent problem?

15K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  Felipe Beirão 
#1 ·
This is part of a long and unresolved email I had regarding a Denon AVR-3312 I purchased from A4L, but never got and was refunded my money. Afterwards, I went online to blogs, forums, reviews and even contacted Denon USA and spoke to a few people in Sales, Customer Service and Technical Support. Nobody knew or admitted to any issues with the 3312, whether new or refurbished. The first person in the email below, Larry, never responded to my inquiry as to the problem. He only tells me that ALL AVR-3312s have an inherent problem. I contacted Mark, the owner and sales manager of Accessories4less. He tries to convince me that only his units have a problem. Below is a portion of what I received.

Does anybody know what is going on? I am now hesitant to buy a Denon as something smells fishy. I own a 5600, 2801 and 900 AVR receiver and a DVD 600 and 1910. I love my Denon products. I am looking to upgrade my equipment to new Denons with the HDMI 1.4a and such. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the email section of importance:

March 02, 2012

As for it not being received on Friday, this was something that was unforeseen and not in our control. I was made aware on Friday afternoon that Denon found out that they have an inherit problem with ALL AVR-3312's. In order to avoid shipping units that had an issue with them, they halted the shipment of the 3312's until this was corrected.

Larry Beck accessories4less

800-657-0195 ext. 102 407-409-8024 (direct) 407-409-8007 (fax)

March 07, 2012

In regards to your research that you have done on the 3312 (which only pertains to refurbished units), your information sources or even Denon basic tech support personnel are not in the information loop that we operate in with Denon executive management (not everything is public info or found online).

The issue is real and has happened to a certain quantities of the 3312 we have recently sold. Head of Denon service had us pull our units offline and they are investigating. Until they find a solution to the issues, we have temporally stopped selling this SKU online.

The bottom line is we are not currently selling 3312 until Denon feels confident whatever may have caused these failures has been addressed and resolved. I see no reason to continue this quest for knowledge, as I have disclosed as much information that I can.

Regards, Mark Sabbarese

Sales Manager Accessories4less, Inc. 2590 Clark Street, Suite 3 Apopka, FL 32703

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.