What's the best solution for making rears wireless? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 03-14-2012, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 197
I have a 5.1 system with normal (not wireless) speakers and have been using the Rocketfish Universal Wireless Rear Speaker Kit to feed the signal to my rears. A local dealer suggested I "upgrade" to the SpeakerCraft SonicAir 2.1.

The Rocketfish has worked fine for years. I have never had issues with interference, delay or anything like that. My only concern is that it has a lower power rating (25 vs. 50 w/ch) and the SpeakerCraft is rated for 4 ohms. I don't think I'd ever need a 4 ohm capability but it'd be nice to have something that robust. Oh, and the Rocketfish is a Best Buy product so...well, it's a Best Buy product.

The upside of the Rocketfish is that I own it already while the SpeakerCraft's MSRP is $400.

I know, ideally you don't use one of these devices at all. But I cannot run wires from the AVR across the room, under the carpet or in the walls/ceiling so I really have no choice. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Pete

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-14-2012, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

The Rocketfish has worked fine for years. I have never had issues with interference, delay or anything like that. My only concern is that it has a lower power rating (25 vs. 50 w/ch) and the SpeakerCraft is rated for 4 ohms. I don't think I'd ever need a 4 ohm capability but it'd be nice to have something that robust.

So what do you need suggestions on? You say Rocketfish has worked fine for years without any issues at all. Not sure what you are asking. $400 for 25 more watts Its your money Bro.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-14-2012, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson636 View Post

So what do you need suggestions on? You say Rocketfish has worked fine for years without any issues at all. Not sure what you are asking. $400 for 25 more watts Its your money Bro.

Well, I was wondering what the best solutoin to my problem is and/or if anyone is familiar with the SpeakerCraft product, but I was also wondering if it's just as simple as the answer you gave me.

post #4 of 7 Old 03-14-2012, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

Well, I was wondering what the best solutoin to my problem is

Again, what is your problem? Is the rocketfish no longer operational? Is this for another setup? Why do you feel you have a problem?
post #5 of 7 Old 03-14-2012, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson636 View Post

Again, what is your problem? Is the rocketfish no longer operational? Is this for another setup? Why do you feel you have a problem?

The problem is being unable to run wires across my the room. The Rocketfish is one solution to that problem, and one that's currently working. I'm wondering if anyone has any other ideas. Doubtful I realize, but just throwing it out there.

post #6 of 7 Old 03-14-2012, 08:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 348
I think what he's trying to ask is if the Rocketfish is already working fine for you, why change it?

Afro GT
post #7 of 7 Old 03-14-2012, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

I think what he's trying to ask is if the Rocketfish is already working fine for you, why change it?

I don't feel compelled to change it. I'm updating speakers and my AVR so I just wanted to see if there have been any developments since I set things up a few years ago. I should probably just stick with what I have. Thanks guys.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page