Need some Help with HK AVR 525 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-15-2012, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys, getting really frustrated here! I just did a move and hooked up my HK. Everything seems to be working fine with the exception that the OSD doesn't appear to be sending a signal to the Samsung 55" DLP. As far as I can see it is fairly simple. The Monitor out on the back of the AVR has to sourses of output... S cable and video out. I have tried both outputs into the AV1 and AV2 on the back of the TV and nothing is working. The TV recognizes that it is hooked up the an "AV Receiver" but it just doesn't seem that the HK is sending a signal.

Everything worked fine before the move so I'm really confused!!! This is a real bummer since I need to calibrate my speakers! HK CS is usless. I called some guy in India and he said to take it to my local HK dealer for repairs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-15-2012, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 111
The AVR525 can only output OSD either through S-Video Out or Composite Video Out, not Component Video Out. Be sure to use Monitor Out not AV1 or AV2...

Just my $0.02...
post #3 of 4 Old 03-15-2012, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Code View Post

The AVR525 can only output OSD either through S-Video Out or Composite Video Out, not Component Video Out. Be sure to use Monitor Out not AV1 or AV2...

Just my $0.02...

I am using Monitor out on the 525 via S cable. AV1 is on the TV. I am using the S cable to the tv in the tv's Av1.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-16-2012, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I give up. I consider myself somewhat knowledgeable regarding something as easy as this. It's really quite simple: On the back of the 525 there is a MONITOR OUT with the option of using a S-Video cable or a RCA vid cable. I've tried hooking up both of them using different cables just to make sure there weren't any bad cables. Regardless, my Samsung isn't getting a signal from the HK. Now after almost 10 years being out of the loop I guess I will start to educate myself on what's new out there. Too bad I have to chuck this thing just because the OSD isn't working!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page