Rotel bites dust... replacement setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-16-2012, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Greetings,

My 5.1 setup is based on a Rotel RSX-1065 that started having intermittent audio cut-out issues that I believe are related to the DSP board. For a short while, this was remedied by physically switching the unit OFF (not standby) until I decided to leave it powered off for an entire night. Now there is a bad hum with intermittent crackling until the unit warms up. NICE! Time to replace

I've pretty much decided on replacing it with the Pioneer Elite SC-57. Yes, I know the subject has been beat-to-death but I'm wondering if bi-amping would be beneficial in my particular case. I have B&W N804s for the mains (which are on the inefficient side) while having super-efficient satellite surrounds that only handle 100w max. I'm thinking that however nominal the sonic benefit is, that biamping the B&W front and center channels will at least keep the power distribution more where it can be utilized. Also taking into account that the digital power section of the SC-57 can better handle the load distribution without dropping off
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page