Forum Jump: 

Old 03-18-2012, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone, I'm a new oknyo 709 owner.

I have 1 question and 1 issue.

First, I have Polk audio tower speakers. When I run the audyssey calibrator it sets my fronts to 40hz but the little wording at the bottom of the screen says if you have towers, set them to set to full range. I scrolled through and I don't see full range, so should I set the fronts/center to 120hz?

My issue is with the net input. Sometimes it works fine sometimes it doesn't work at all. When I switch to it, it says initializing and kinda hangs there forever. Other times I get a black screen and it doesn't even say initializing. If I hit setup the on screen menu comes up. I have the latest firmware. Does anyone know what this issue is about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Set you speakers to small. You can either play with 60hz and above and see what you like. I have my towers all set to 60hz and surrounds to 80hz.

Even though audyssey is telling the onkyo to set your speakers to large (full range) audyssey recommends to change this to small.

I don't have the same issue, but maybe try a reset?
Old 03-18-2012, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 260
40 Hz IS full-range. That is how they should be set, so leave it alone.

Are you connecting to the net with a direct connection to a cable modem, or a wireless router, or what? Have you ever been able to connect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozorowsky View Post

Hi everyone, I'm a new oknyo 709 owner.

I have 1 question and 1 issue.

First, I have Polk audio tower speakers. When I run the audyssey calibrator it sets my fronts to 40hz but the little wording at the bottom of the screen says if you have towers, set them to set to full range. I scrolled through and I don't see full range, so should I set the fronts/center to 120hz?

My issue is with the net input. Sometimes it works fine sometimes it doesn't work at all. When I switch to it, it says initializing and kinda hangs there forever. Other times I get a black screen and it doesn't even say initializing. If I hit setup the on screen menu comes up. I have the latest firmware. Does anyone know what this issue is about?

Old 03-18-2012, 01:06 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2072 Post(s)
Liked: 1766
1. As already suggested, if you have a sub in the setup, you don't want them set to FULL RANGE, rather raise the crossover to either 60hz or 80hz to pass the lower frequencies to the sub which is not only better able to process it, but the sub uses far more Audyssey filters than do the speakers.

2. Try resetting your router.

Also note there is a dedicated thread for Onkyo 709 Owners ....

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1340545

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Old 03-18-2012, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you all. I will set my speakers to 60hz.

Also, yes I was able to get net working in past. It is not networking issue but somethng funky with receiver. i epl post in the owners thread. Thank you for that tip