In the market and shopping maybe new brands? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-21-2012, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay, I am a die hard Sony ES guy, been one for ever. My current reciver is a DA 3300 ES.

I waited and waited in my small town for the 2011 models to arive never heard nor saw or could get any info on them, no my Stero guru has all the 2012 models or thier latest release of them. But I am put out a little by Sony over the ES regulations about finding info on them.

Im looking for a reciver that has a ethernet hub, thats not so slow its going to choke down everything. I want to be able to plug my Sonos and my blue ray into it.

I also want a system that has a dedicated DM import Sony made a Ipod DM impot but gave you no control over the unti besides getting up and changing the channels. I know Sonos gives me all im I tunes libarary as well, but what a PITA I have had with sonos as it will not pick up or stor a play list so when I lokk in music libaray for itunes, I see all my music, but I can not access a play list. But Im getting off point.

I would like a unit, that has the ability through ethernet connection via Sonos or direct that displays album art/song info on the screen if I want it too.

Basically I'm clueless on what unit I want to get and not too sure of whats going on out there, I do like the Bravia Sync of sony so i clikc of a command the system automaticaly goes to its seciton, but I am sure other untis have ways to set that up as well. If I toss a Blue Ray in my sony BDP the system switches to HDMI 2 and sends the signal to the TV without me turning a dial or pressing a remote. But I still have to turn it back to HDMI 1 to watch TV with Cox Cables horrid Scientific atlanta HDDVR box.

SO toss some info out to me? I need to make some choices. As for speakers I that Klipsch THXultra IN wall ina 5.1 set up those are new so not worried about the speaker section.

Thanks

Dave
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page