Replacing HDMI board for my Onkyo, can anyone help? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-11-2012, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I see where my replacement HDMI board for my Onkyo 805 will be delivered today, and Im wondering if it will be difficult to install? Ive never opened my AVR I'm hoping its relatively plug and play. If there is soldering involved I might have to pass the task to someone else. Does anyone have any idea of what is involved?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-11-2012, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Let someone knowledgeable do it...
post #3 of 3 Old 04-20-2012, 10:40 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS24 View Post

Hello, I see where my replacement HDMI board for my Onkyo 805 will be delivered today, and Im wondering if it will be difficult to install? Ive never opened my AVR I'm hoping its relatively plug and play. If there is soldering involved I might have to pass the task to someone else. Does anyone have any idea of what is involved?

Thanks

I just did this on my Onkyo AVR 3000. Lost speakers....suspected HDMI board...sent it to Onkyo who confirmed HDMI board was bad. Want $1000 to replace. I said "no way" and had then ship it back.

Ordered a reconditioned board on Ebay for $85

On the AVR 3000 (assuming the boards are similar), it was strictly plug and play. Much like putting a sound or video card into a PC desktop. 6 or so screws to remove the external case (lifts right off). A series of screws at each HDMI port holding the board in. There are a couple of ribbon connectors which unplug easily. The only thing that stumped be for a bit (which was ridiculously easy once I figured it out), were two black ribbons entering the board. For these...the white connectors STAY ON THE OLD BOARD. The black ribbons are released by pressing down on the connector, leaving bare wires when you pull them free. SLide the card out (this is pretty obviousl once you see it), slide the new one in, and reconnect. The black wires simply insert back into the connectos. Button up and you are good to go!

Good luck.
Hope this helps.

Brian
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page