Not getting audio, please help!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-22-2012, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So here is the deal..I moved into a home that had a home theater. I am bringing in my receiver because and trying to hook everything up but am getting nothing.

These are the details:

Projector that has an HDMI in connection available but no HDMI was snaked in the walls. It has Component cables plugged in the back. I have the components plugged in the receiver as Component Out to Monitor.

Then I'm trying to plug in a DirecTV HD reciever and a PS3. I am plugging both of those in with Components in the back of the Receiver as Component In 1 and 2. For audio, I'm trying to use the Optical cables but I can't get any Audio. The only way I can get audio is if I use the stereo Red and White cables.

For the Optical cables, I have been plugging them in as Optical In 1 and 2 to the back of the receiver. The receiver is a Denon AVR1910.

Any idea why I'm not getting any sound? I can get video but no audio...if I change it to the stereo cables though, I can get both video and audio. Ideally I would love if an HDMI cable could be snaked in the walls and just plug that into the projector from the receiver but that might be very costly.

HELP PLEASE??!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-22-2012, 05:36 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 755 Post(s)
Liked: 1418
Do you have the source devices (DTV and PS3) correctly setup to pass audio over the optical audio cables? Do you have the 1910 OPT1 and OPT2 correctly assigned to the same source names used for COMP1 and COMP2?

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 5 Old 04-22-2012, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Do you have the source devices (DTV and PS3) correctly setup to pass audio over the optical audio cables? Do you have the 1910 OPT1 and OPT2 correctly assigned to the same source names used for COMP1 and COMP2?

I believe I have it set up for auto. I did go in and set the input assign for the video feed in Input 1 to comp. The receiver said RCA 1. That worked for me to get the video feed. Can you walk me thru the steps to assign it for the audio if it's any different?

I appreciate your help!
post #4 of 5 Old 04-22-2012, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

I got it all fixed....I did a hard reset and started from scratch...all worked out now.

But one more thing.....When I go to the menu on my Denon, it won't show me the menu screen thru the projector...it still shows me the video feed of the Sat box thru components??
post #5 of 5 Old 04-23-2012, 05:19 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 755 Post(s)
Liked: 1418
As noted on p. 9 in your Owner's manual, the menu won't display over component video output. You'll need to connect an HDMI TV display for the menu.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page