I'm still lost as what to do... Get the 2112CI for $439 or the 2312CI for $589.
I currently have...
- AVR: Yamaha RX-V2500
- Speakers: Yamaha NS-FP9500
- TV: Toshiba 42HL167
- PS3 (Video: HDMI (to TV), Sound: Optical (to AVR)
- Xbox 360 (Video: Component (to TV [older Xbox360 model], Sound: Optical (to AVR)
- PC (Video: DVI > HDMI (to TV), Sound: Optical (Sound card to AVR)
- Comcast Box (Video: Component (to TV), Sound: Optical (to AVR)
- Wii (Video: Composite, Sound: Composite (both to TV))
- Legacy game systems on Video splitter to 2nd Composite on TV
- iPhone 4
I would like to do everything HDMI as having a crapload of Optical cables is getting annoying and I would like an AVR with more updated features. Do I really need the Analog > HDMI Upconverion + Upscaling in the 2312 with the devices I have? It would be nice, I think. And the nicer GUI would be cool too. Is it worth it? Should I save some cash and go with the 2112?
Toshiba 42HL167 42" 1080p LCD HDTV
Onkyo TX-NR709 AVR w/Yamaha NS-FP9500 6.1 speaker system
PS3 60GB (320gb upgrade)
Toshiba HD-A35 HD-DVD Player
Xbox360 (still no RRoD)