Have sub EQ (Anti-Mode): How do Audyssey, MCACC, YPAO compare when sub taken care of? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 07:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bill Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson636 View Post

Um, where are the facts in that statement?
Like I said, Fanatic. Just calling em as I see em.

Facts? Sam S was giving a personal opinion of what he thought. He did not say that Audyssey IS better than any room correction system in a sub $20K AVR/prepro. The statement was "I'm not sure you could do better." Big difference. No offense but you might want to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

 

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Bill Mac is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 07:27 AM
Senior Member
 
johnson636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post


some of us have provided proof of it's efficacy... it really has nothing to do with being a fanatic... it has to do with the cold hard facts...

sorry if you don't like that...

Sam, please calm down. My last post was in response to cc. I have no quarrel with you. If you check my posts you will find I've recommend ed onkyo and denon AVRs on several occasions . This is all in fun man.
johnson636 is offline  
post #33 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Senior Member
 
johnson636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post


Facts? Sam S was giving a personal opinion of what he thought. He did not say that Audyssey IS better than any room correction system in a sub $20K AVR/prepro. The statement was "I'm not sure you could do better." Big difference. No offense but you might want to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

Bill

And to you sir, if you read cc's response to me about facts, then you would understand the poke was intended for Chris and not Sam. Chris stated it's about facts not being a Fanatic, so I quoted SAM's "opinion" about what he thinks is best. My comprehension skills are just fine sir. No need to attack anyone's intelligence. In no way did I question the intelligence of Sam or anyone in this thread, but Bill saw fit to question mine...Unbelievable. Bill, you could have come to Sam's defense (unnecessarily I might add) without insults.
Sam I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding. My intent was to poke Chris in fun.
johnson636 is offline  
post #34 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 08:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bill Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson636 View Post

And to you sir, if you read cc's response to me about facts, then you would understand the poke was intended for Chris and not Sam. Chris stated it's about facts not being a Fanatic, so I quoted SAM's"opinion about what he thinks is best." My comprehension skills are just fine sir. No need to attack anyone's intelligence. Sam I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding. My intent was to poke Chris in fun.

My apologies for my comment. I misunderstood your post but you did quote Sam S directly not Chris in post #29 in regard to facts. So that is where the confusion started.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

 

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Bill Mac is offline  
post #35 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Senior Member
 
johnson636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post


My apologies for my comment. I misunderstood your post but you did quote Sam S directly not Chris in post #29 in regard to facts. So that is where the confusion started.

Bill

I see. I still haven't figured out how to quote multiple posts using the iPhone app. That's why I only quoted Sam in response to cc. I didn't take into consideration how Sam would perceive my response. I've poked cc, jdsmoothie, and other audyssey advocates many times before in fun; I mean no harm. Hey my system is fine so I don't have any reason to post question; what else is there to do but poke you guys?
johnson636 is offline  
post #36 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 08:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
ccotenj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: the toxic waste dumps of new jersey
Posts: 21,915
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 92
maybe find another board to "poke" people on?

people come here for help. a "new user" could very easily be fooled by your "in fun" comments (as i, an old user, was)...

- chris

 

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

 

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

ccotenj is offline  
post #37 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Senior Member
 
johnson636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

maybe find another board to "poke" people on?

people come here for help. a "new user" could very easily be fooled by your "in fun" comments (as i, an old user, was)...

Come on cc, you're mad? Teasing goes on here all the time. I've been teased about my opinion and I've taken it as kidding. When did this forum become all serious all the time. I understand why Sam would take my post the wrong way, but I'm curious as to what exactly I said that made you "mad"?
johnson636 is offline  
post #38 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bfreedma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 9 iron from Philly
Posts: 1,952
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson636 View Post


Come on cc, you're mad? Teasing goes on here all the time. I've been teased about my opinion and I've taken it as kidding. When did this forum become all serious all the time.

You aren't teasing, you're trolling. Take it somewhere else.
Oldemar likes this.
bfreedma is offline  
post #39 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Senior Member
 
johnson636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreedma View Post


You aren't teasing, you're trolling. Take it somewhere else.

Sure. If you say so.
To the OP and Sam my apologies.
johnson636 is offline  
post #40 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bfreedma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 9 iron from Philly
Posts: 1,952
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson636 View Post


I see. I still haven't figured out how to quote multiple posts using the iPhone app. That's why I only quoted Sam in response to cc. I didn't take into consideration how Sam would perceive my response. I've poked cc, jdsmoothie, and other audyssey advocates many times before in fun; I mean no harm. Hey my system is fine so I don't have any reason to post question; what else is there to do but poke you guys?

The above is a pretty good definition of trolling.
bfreedma is offline  
post #41 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Senior Member
 
johnson636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreedma View Post


The above is a pretty good definition of trolling.

Sir I said ok; I get your point. Your second post serve the op no good. No need for two trolls. Let's us both leave this thread.
johnson636 is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off