Have sub EQ (Anti-Mode): How do Audyssey, MCACC, YPAO compare when sub taken care of? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 07:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson636 View Post

Um, where are the facts in that statement?
Like I said, Fanatic. Just calling em as I see em.

Facts? Sam S was giving a personal opinion of what he thought. He did not say that Audyssey IS better than any room correction system in a sub $20K AVR/prepro. The statement was "I'm not sure you could do better." Big difference. No offense but you might want to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

some of us have provided proof of it's efficacy... it really has nothing to do with being a fanatic... it has to do with the cold hard facts...

sorry if you don't like that...

Sam, please calm down. My last post was in response to cc. I have no quarrel with you. If you check my posts you will find I've recommend ed onkyo and denon AVRs on several occasions . This is all in fun man.
post #33 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

Facts? Sam S was giving a personal opinion of what he thought. He did not say that Audyssey IS better than any room correction system in a sub $20K AVR/prepro. The statement was "I'm not sure you could do better." Big difference. No offense but you might want to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

Bill

And to you sir, if you read cc's response to me about facts, then you would understand the poke was intended for Chris and not Sam. Chris stated it's about facts not being a Fanatic, so I quoted SAM's "opinion" about what he thinks is best. My comprehension skills are just fine sir. No need to attack anyone's intelligence. In no way did I question the intelligence of Sam or anyone in this thread, but Bill saw fit to question mine...Unbelievable. Bill, you could have come to Sam's defense (unnecessarily I might add) without insults.
Sam I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding. My intent was to poke Chris in fun.
post #34 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 08:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 503
Quote:

And to you sir, if you read cc's response to me about facts, then you would understand the poke was intended for Chris and not Sam. Chris stated it's about facts not being a Fanatic, so I quoted SAM's"opinion about what he thinks is best." My comprehension skills are just fine sir. No need to attack anyone's intelligence. Sam I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding. My intent was to poke Chris in fun.

My apologies for my comment. I misunderstood your post but you did quote Sam S directly not Chris in post #29 in regard to facts. So that is where the confusion started.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #35 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

My apologies for my comment. I misunderstood your post but you did quote Sam S directly not Chris in post #29 in regard to facts. So that is where the confusion started.

Bill

I see. I still haven't figured out how to quote multiple posts using the iPhone app. That's why I only quoted Sam in response to cc. I didn't take into consideration how Sam would perceive my response. I've poked cc, jdsmoothie, and other audyssey advocates many times before in fun; I mean no harm. Hey my system is fine so I don't have any reason to post question; what else is there to do but poke you guys?
post #36 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 08:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 92
maybe find another board to "poke" people on?

people come here for help. a "new user" could very easily be fooled by your "in fun" comments (as i, an old user, was)...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #37 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

maybe find another board to "poke" people on?

people come here for help. a "new user" could very easily be fooled by your "in fun" comments (as i, an old user, was)...

Come on cc, you're mad? Teasing goes on here all the time. I've been teased about my opinion and I've taken it as kidding. When did this forum become all serious all the time. I understand why Sam would take my post the wrong way, but I'm curious as to what exactly I said that made you "mad"?
post #38 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:

Come on cc, you're mad? Teasing goes on here all the time. I've been teased about my opinion and I've taken it as kidding. When did this forum become all serious all the time.

You aren't teasing, you're trolling. Take it somewhere else.
Oldemar likes this.
post #39 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreedma View Post

You aren't teasing, you're trolling. Take it somewhere else.

Sure. If you say so.
To the OP and Sam my apologies.
post #40 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:

I see. I still haven't figured out how to quote multiple posts using the iPhone app. That's why I only quoted Sam in response to cc. I didn't take into consideration how Sam would perceive my response. I've poked cc, jdsmoothie, and other audyssey advocates many times before in fun; I mean no harm. Hey my system is fine so I don't have any reason to post question; what else is there to do but poke you guys?

The above is a pretty good definition of trolling.
post #41 of 41 Old 05-01-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreedma View Post

The above is a pretty good definition of trolling.

Sir I said ok; I get your point. Your second post serve the op no good. No need for two trolls. Let's us both leave this thread.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page