The "official" Yamaha RX-V673 thread. 7.2-Channel Network AVR - Page 117 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3481 of 3492 Old 07-21-2014, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've done a rudimentary search but could not find an answer: What are the watts per channel with all (5) channels driven, e.g., not just 2 channels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3482 of 3492 Old 07-21-2014, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Audio Out Level Too High?

I've attached a bluetooth transmitter so that I can send output to another speaker in the house however the audio was terrible, very high level causing distortion. I assumed it was the bluetooth transmitter. However, when I plugged the RCA cable (via 1/8" adapter) directly into my headphones to verify audio was clear - i had the same result. The audio level coming straight from the "AUDIO OUT" RCA line jacks in the rear are WAY too high.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
post #3483 of 3492 Old 08-07-2014, 11:39 AM

Overdriven RCA pre-outs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruster34 View Post
I've attached a bluetooth transmitter so that I can send output to another speaker in the house however the audio was terrible, very high level causing distortion. I assumed it was the bluetooth transmitter. However, when I plugged the RCA cable (via 1/8" adapter) directly into my headphones to verify audio was clear - i had the same result. The audio level coming straight from the "AUDIO OUT" RCA line jacks in the rear are WAY too high.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
I have the same issue. My RCA outputs are connected to a 6 channel whole-home audio amp-switcher. When unit is playing any media via zone 2 RCA outputs it is overdriven and distorted as if they are putting too much power through the line-outs.

When I play any media source from both main AND zone 2 (party mode) it sounds great. Problem gone.

I think it is a glitch that Yamaha is ignoring on this model.

For me, this is only an issue when the In-laws visit. Within seconds of their arrival, my father-n-law grabs the remote and switches the input from music to the golf channel. I, then (through the web server) turn on amp 2 and play my distorted, over-driven whole home music while he watches golf ALL WEEKEND.
post #3484 of 3492 Old 08-07-2014, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by clexell1 View Post
For me, this is only an issue when the In-laws visit. Within seconds of their arrival, my father-n-law grabs the remote and switches the input from music to the golf channel. I, then (through the web server) turn on amp 2 and play my distorted, over-driven whole home music while he watches golf ALL WEEKEND.
You could do both. For some audio inputs (Airplay, Server, Internet radio, and maybe the tuner) you can set the Video out to whatever your TV input is (like an HDMI input). You don't hear the golf announcers, you hear the music. I guess your father-in-law would have to be open to this compromise. As a fan of golf, I often do this myself--watch TV and listen to music instead of the TV audio.

Sorry, I don't have a solution for the audio quality problem.
post #3485 of 3492 Old 08-07-2014, 01:24 PM

Thanks, I didn't realize i could do this.
post #3486 of 3492 Old 08-20-2014, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Has anyone ever had the issue where sound intermittently cuts out? It will happen after about ten minutes of playing the radio. Sound turns off and on a few times then it will run fine for another 10 minutes or so before it happens again. Bought it 6 months ago and I'm just running FM radio through it at the moment as I finish my theater room. I did a small test when I first purchased it but didn't think to run it for very long. It has been in the box since then until now.
post #3487 of 3492 Old 09-13-2014, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I have a question. Does anyone here change their dsp program to fit the type of movie their watching? For example gravity would be sci/fi.
post #3488 of 3492 Old 09-13-2014, 08:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyman View Post
I have a question. Does anyone here change their dsp program to fit the type of movie their watching? For example gravity would be sci/fi.
I generally use Standard but use whatever sounds best to you.
post #3489 of 3492 Old 09-14-2014, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:

A lot of people just use Straight mode (with Extended Surround set to Dolby PLIIx Movie if you have a 7.1 setup). Otherwise it's whatever you happen to like best.
post #3490 of 3492 Old 09-17-2014, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Yes I do. Maybe it's placebo effect but I feel it gets the most out of the movie soundtrack. Some people like their sound unmolested though so just do what sounds best to you.

Quick question: I connected a USB 3.0 external hard drive to the front USB port hoping to stream some .mkv movie files. Power light indicator came on on the hard drive but the AVR read 'access error'. What's the problem: the USB 3.0 or the .mkv files?
post #3491 of 3492 Old 09-17-2014, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 154
^ The receiver only streams audio, no video files of any kind. You need a separate media streamer for video.
post #3492 of 3492 Old 09-17-2014, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Just thought i'd say that i've been running the RX-V673 on a 5.1 main and 2.0 zone 2 setup now for almost 3 years and the beast is still running strong! if wasn't forced to i would never have picked up the Denon AVR-X3000 for which i'm still on the fence.
Cla55clown likes this.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V673 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V673 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page